Chapter 21

Like he was getting glory for this. It was his fault I was in here. Maybe he should have let me come down here alone and speak to Sam if he was just going to spy anyway. All the theatrics were uncalled for. So much Drama just to get answers. It made no sense. Derek would have kicked him around until he talked. Or just spied on me when I was down to talk. Time would have been on his side, eventually. Don't get me wrong, Wesley wasn't thinking about that, but he could have just spied without putting me in a cell and locking me up again.

I walked back alone to my room. Sam agreed to help us, but I didn't talk. Dwayne met me in the hall on the way to my room. He smiled at me knowing I was okay, probably a good thing. He hugs me quickly, taking his post outside my door. I was ready for a shower. I felt dirty and probably smelled like the cells. To be fair, I was down there for almost three days. And I probably did smell like them.

I walk in noticing the clock. Great it was four in the morning. I talked with Sam four-thirty minutes down there so I must have woken up around three-thirty in the morning. I wasn't asleep long, but long enough. I lay my phone down, plugging it in. And I head to my dresser, where I get my pajamas and head to the bathroom. This was needed. I was super excited to be getting a shower. And honestly, being alone, was great. Faith lays in her bed, of course. Wes didn't come in the room at all, so hopefully he wouldn't. I was relieved that he didn't. That would have been awkward. And I couldn't take it.

The shower was exactly what I needed though, it was warm and relaxing. And I wasn't thinking about the betrayal to Derek. Honesty if anything, he betrayed us first, but if he knew we all knew the truth, he would shut down even more. Something in me wanted to text that number Damien called and tell him I knew the truth, but I did not know the number, and I was not about to make Derek Cringe. I jumped out of the shower, dressed myself, and brushed out my hair. I had only had a few hours of sleep and the sun didn't start coming up until closer to seven in the morning, so I was going to do exactly what Wes would stand against.

When I was dressed and had my robe on, I whistled to Faith, having her follow me. I knock twice on the door when Dwayne opens it. He's standing with a grin on his face. I knew it was a bad idea because of Wesley, but I had to know if Damien was still in the library, and why he did what he did, I just needed to ease into the questions. If I provoked him, he might try to take me, which wasn't a bad idea. If he left Chloe alone and took me, I could see Derek, NO! Stop, Derek chose this. It wasn't like you could have stopped him.

"We are going to the library aren't we?" He asks, hopeful. I nod to him. He never told me if Damien had contacted him, or even talked to him.

"Did you see him?" I asked. He looked over as we were walking, and sighed. That's a no.

"I wish I had different news for you, I didn't see anyone down there, I whispered his name, and walked along the bookshelves, but he was either hiding in fear that I would shoot him, or he wasn't there," He said. I nod. Damien didn't know that Dwayne knew everything. Which wasn't surprising. Dwayne had been standing on the outside the nights we were there.

"So, did you say anything while you were there," I ask. He shrugs.

"I told him I was there for you, to gather some intel, but he probably didn't believe me, you weren't there, why would he?"

I know he was right about that. If Damien didn't see me too, it was possible, he was being cautious. I would've done the same thing. But what confuses me is that, if Dwayne went alone, and Damien saw him why did Damien keep hidden for so long? If he was there, and Damien knew I wasn't going to be coming back for a while, why wait around? I was his ticket in, and I had been MIA for three days, including the day before I was locked up. That should've rang some bells to him. But it was like he didn't notice my absence.