He planted his hand on her head and forced her to face him. A strange sound escaped her throat.

"I knew it!" He saw exactly what he had expected to see in her mouth.

They hadn't even had breakfast, but Kotori was already enjoying her favorite candy: a Chupa Chups lollipop.

"C'mon! I told you: No candy before meals."

"Mm! Mm!"

Shidou tried pulling it out of her mouth but Kotori clamped her lips and teeth together to resist.

Shidou let go, sighing.

"..Make sure you eat a proper breakfast too, got it?"

"Yup! I love you, Big Bro!"

.....

Breakfast was served after a while. As promised, Kotori ate her servings.

"Oh.. that reminds me. Since it's the school ceremony, so you will come home around noon, right?

"Uh-huh."

"Is there anything you want for lunch?"

Kotori bobbed her head up and down. She jumped up from her seat and answered.

"A Deluxe Kid's Meal!"

It was an item from the children's menu offered by a local restaurant.

"I'm afraid we don't offer that at our establishment."

"Eh?! C'mon, please! Pretty please?... Big Brother?"

He sighed and shrugged. "...Oh, fine. I guess it's a special day. How about we go out for lunch?"

"What do you think about the School Uniform? Does it look good?"

Elsewhere, not too far away from Shidou's place, Kurumi and Lucas also finished having breakfast. It was their first time changing into the new school uniform that was handed to them the other day. They too registered themselves at a high school to attend school after such a long time with the help of Elliot and Karen. Kurumi and Lucas had their identity changed with the help of Ratatoskr, in order to allow them into high school. Consequently, Lucas finally gained a last name; Kunshu.

Over the years that passed, Kurumi grew her hair in such a way, that her clock eye is covered. The eye patch was getting more and more uncomfortable by the day and Kurumi has grown to hate it for other reasons too.

"Hm.."

The uniform was simple: a black jacket with a small badge of the school's symbol , a white shirt beneath it, and short blue skirts. The black stockings weren't part of the uniform but it's probably just Kurumi's style. Appearance-wise, she didn't age at all. She looked still like a high school student but was already a full-fledged adult on the inside. The Spirit power inside her must have kept her body from aging.

"I think it looks great."

"Fufufu... really? I think you look great in your uniform as well."

"...Stop teasing me like that." Lucas turned his head away from the embarrassment. He didn't really like the uniform's jacket and it didn't fit his style. It's mostly fine, but his mobility is definitely held back by the clothing.

"I'm not teasing you, I'm only praising your looks."

"Whatever... We should get going now."

Shidou and Kotori were standing in front of the restaurant they would go to.

"Deluxe Kid's Meal~ Deluxe Kid's Meal~"

Date A Mysterious Beingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें