Chapter 90

"Hello, this is Cheng..." The words changed as they came to Cheng Weizhi's lips. "This is Chen Zhu."

There was silence on the other end for a moment. Then came a deliberately lowered, very pleasant male voice: "Mr. Chen, did you order take-out an hour and four minutes ago?"

Cheng Weizhi's psychological quality really wasn't up to this. As soon as he heard these words, sweat came up on his palms. As he clutched the telephone cord, he mumbled an agreement, stammering, "I... Yes, I ordered milk tea, mousse, two plates of ice cream, and six servings of starch jelly...for my son."

"I see. We're out of the mango-flavored ice cream you ordered, sir. Could we exchange it for another one?"

As Cheng Weizhi agreed, he picked up the address book next to the phone upside down in a fluster. He flipped to a page in the middle. There were symbols written on it that no one but him could understand. "What do you have? Go...go ahead."

"We have nectarine, mint, coffee, chocolate, strawberry, pineapple, and rum..."

He hadn't finished speaking when Cheng Weizhi let out a breath and interrupted: "Fine, I've got it, are you...Su Qing?"

These were the signals they had arranged. It wasn't enough for the other party to get the correct sense. Cheng Weizhi had to determine that the person was with the RZ Unit, including precisely saying "an hour and four minutes," then reporting the ice cream flavors in correct order without a word out of place. Cheng Weizhi, meanwhile, apart from reporting the types of food in order without altering the sequence, also had to stress the words "for my son."

Su Qing gave an affirmative and softly said, "I'm outside now. Can I come up?"

Cheng Weizhi looked out from the very antiquated little two-story house and found that apart from a window lattice covered in ivy, he couldn't catch a glimpse of a single shadow. He couldn't help asking, "Where are you?"

"Already at your door," Su Qing said, then hung up the phone.

At the same time, there was a knock at the door. This means of appearance like a scene out of a ghost movie made Cheng Weizhi even more nervous. The old professor put down the phone. While passing Cheng Ge's bedroom, he looked inside. Cheng Ge was taking an afternoon nap. Perhaps it was a little warm. He had kicked the covers aside and was sleeping in a very wild posture, like a child—he truly was a child who would never grow up.

Cheng Weizhi sighed, shook his head, and closed the door. He hesitated, then opened the house's front door.

Standing at the door was a humpbacked middle-aged man who had a missing leg and a small wooden prosthetic sticking out of one pant leg. He stared. "You are..."

The middle-aged man raised his head. Unexpectedly, he had a pair of very bright, very attractive eyes. Raising the whiskers around his mouth, he smiled at Cheng Weizhi. "It's me."

The familiar voice startled Cheng Weizhi. He subconsciously grabbed the man's shoulder and whispered, "Come in quick." Then he furtively looked around outside and closed the door.

Su Qing meanwhile had already straightened up and torn the whiskers off his face. This made a clear boundary between the color of the upper and lower halves of his face. It was a little comical. He self-assuredly sat down on the couch. "Uncle Cheng, pour me a glass of water."

Cheng Weizhi ignored him. He was simply like a startled bird, standing sideways by the window, looking out in all directions, repeatedly making sure that no one had followed Su Qing. He was about to draw the curtains closed when Su Qing firmly stopped him. "Enough, uncle. If you close the curtains in the middle of the day, what will people think you're up to? Relax, the person who can follow me is still unborn in their mom's belly. Don't worry, we're very safe now."

The ultimate blue seaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें