Chapter 85

An emergency response team ran out from inside at once. As soon as they came out of the gate, their eyes were drawn by the very striking crash site. In well-trained fashion, the small team inspected the scene, put out the fire, and checked the vehicles. Meanwhile, "0152," who had originally been guarding the gate with his cap brim pulled a little low, at some point went missing.

In less than five minutes, the scene had been completely cleared. Someone pulled open the car door and quickly felt around inside, then suddenly sensed that something was off and called out, "No, this is wrong, there's no one in..." Before the "side" could leave his mouth, his expression suddenly froze. He pitched forward and lay unmoving.

The person closest to him froze. Then his eyes suddenly opened wide, and he raised a communicator. "There's..."

Again, he had only gotten one word out when a bullet came out of nowhere and passed precisely through his head. Before this person could fall, the third bullet came out of thin air, this time hitting the car's fuel tank. There was an enormous sound. An explosion took place at the crash site. The people on the perimeter who hadn't worked out what was going on stepped back. While they were stepping back, Hu Bugui shot three times in a row. The remaining three people also went down.

It turned out that when he got to work, Hu Bugui was no slower than the legendary sniper 11235.

Just then, a Utopia member who seemed to have heard the explosion and come out to see what was happening came out of the gate. He immediately saw his companions, who had become horizontal within a few minutes. He was startled. His reaction wasn't slow, immediately taking a big step back. A bullet brushed past the bridge of his nose and hit the wall, nearly bursting his head in one shot. This person broke out in cold sweat on the spot. His face turned white. He took three steps back in a row and loudly said, "There's a sniper, someone's breaking..."

Then he was shot in the leg and fell forward onto the ground. Next, a shadow fell on him. The Utopia member raised his head in alarm and saw a black gun muzzle. Before another word could leave his mouth, his head turned into a burst watermelon.

Hu Bugui had sunglasses on and wore the casual clothes that Su Qing had scared up from somewhere—a jacket on the outside and a solid black tank top underneath. His sleeves were rolled up, revealing the lines of hard, stylish muscles. He had a machine gun on his back and another in his hands, as well as a pair of handguns at his waist. He looked like an arms dealer, really something like an antisocial insurrectionist.

With the boldness that comes of great skill, he openly jumped off the wall. He knew that the more of a fuss he made over here, the better. That was how he could draw the other side's attention and let Su Qing succeed in getting what they had come for.

Since the Utopia Project had been banned, the majority of the materials concerning it had been destroyed and the old base sealed. No one had been permitted to enter for many years. Su Qing and Hu Bugui had run the risk of coming here for one thing—Zheng Wan's body.

After Zheng Wan's suicide, it was said that her body hadn't been buried. Instead, it had been preserved through special anti-rotting means by Zheng Qinghua and later deposited in the basement with three layers of protective locks around it. Supposedly, unless you blew up the basement, you wouldn't be able to get in.

Zheng Wan's body had undergone round upon round of examination by forensic experts who would have loved nothing better than to put each of her cells under a microscope and inspect it. There was nothing the matter with it. It seemed that Zheng Qinghua had gone to all this trouble to preserve her body only for the sake of sentiment—if he had such a thing as sentiment.

For many years, the old base had been forbidden territory. Now that Utopia had at last been restored to legitimacy, Zheng Qinghua had expressed his regrets in the papers that the last research project had fallen through "for certain particular reasons," and he had taken over the research project's old base at the first opportunity.