33

"Rash!" Jeremy calls out as he runs to Feyintola standing with the other team members with most of them still conversing with their friends, closely trailed by Inioluwa, Hassan and Irewamiri.
  "Hey." She says giving him a quick hug at the same time moving to the other boys.
"Are you scared?" Irewamiri asks her.
"No. Just a little bit nervous." She says putting on a little smile.
  "Well, cast out that spirit because you have a special audience." Inioluwa says beaming with happiness.
  "Audience? Who is the person?"
"Dad and Mom." Hassan says smiling too. She then peruses their expressions and notices that they all are happily smiling.
  "What's going on? Whose Dad and Mom?" She asks in confusion.
  "Whose Dad and Mom amongst us all are you expecting here today?"
  "Well, no offense but none. So what are you talking about?"
  "Well, shocker... Drumroll please." Jeremy asks as Irewamiri and Hassan make drum beats with their mouth.
"Thank you. Dr and Mrs Adams are here today on the bleachers to watch their only daughter play a match with extra high expectations that she wins the match."
  "Like... my.... dad and mom? How?" She asks disbelief clearly spelt out in her expression.
"Well I was extra surprised when when Mom told me to wait for them this morning and extra extra surprised when I saw the cake she baked for you."
  "I'm shocked guys."
"We too." Inioluwa says.
  "Hope the cake is not pink sha?"
"It's blue. Your favorite shade."
   "Periwinkle blue?"
"Yes yes."
"I don't know what to say."
  "A thank you by winning that match will do." Hassan points out and she nods in agreement.
  "Thanks so much guys." She appreciates them and they nod in understanding.
  "Coach needs your attention I guess." Irewamiri notes and she turns back to see the other team members standing with coach Donald in the middle.
  "I have to go guys."
"Good luck."
"Make us extra proud."
  "Sure. Thanks guys." She says and runs off happiness written all over her and determination beating as fast as her heart within her ribcage.
   "Hey Feyintola. You look extra happy for this match."
  "Yes coach. My parents are around."
"Really? They finally agreed? Who convinced them?"
  "I really don't know."
"Congratulations dear."
"Thanks sis." She says turning to the other girls as they hug and shake her.
"So girls, go make us proud." Coach Donald says and runs off immediately he sights an official coming in.
  "Are you all set?" The female official dressed in striped black and white jersey and white shorts asks coming closer.
  "Yes ma'am." They chorus in reply.
"Let's go then. I wish you all best of luck." She says and turns to lead them out of the space.

  "Dear esteemed beautiful citizens of this beautiful state. I welcome you all to this beautiful event." Dr Ajose, the state governor announces standing on the podium in blue flowing guinea material sown brocade gown.
  "It is with heartfelt happiness that I welcome you all to the last session of this year's State tournament. Today, we will see our future stars that will soon stand in celebrity places and command the world sooner than expected. We are here to see shining glory who have risen to this point despite all levels of opposition. And yes, no one is a loser. Everyone is a winner just that one winner must outshine the winner. Buckle up your sit belts for a round of excitement,shouts, team work and at most, wins. Welcome once again."
  He concludes and goes back to this seat amidst claps and joyous shouts.
  The playing teams, the girls of Ademola Junaid's Montessori dressed in their away kit with black customized headbands and the girls of Soaring Eagles College dressed in sunshine yellow and apple green striped jersey and apple green shorts and black football boots and socks.

Dr and Mrs Adams just showed up. What do you think happened???? Last two chapters dropping tonight 😊😊😊. Anticipating family 💃💃. Thanks for sticking to Caged fam. Love you all💕💖💖.

   Yours in Ink; Bethel ™