13

"Feyintola! Feyintola!" A voice calls amidst the swarm of students on the cafeteria line and Feyintola strides away from the counter holding a bag of chips and a bottled water. She turns back to see a smiling Alicia running up to her. She slows down and turns back to her mirroring her expression.
"Good afternoon." Alicia greets her wiping her hands on her skirt.
"Hi."
"Yeah. Thanks for gracing my birthday occasion."
  "And thanks for giving me a fake identity as your best friend." Feyintola replies putting on a smile not reaching her eyes.
  "I'm sorry about that. Your mom said we have been friends for a long time and that we should reconnect. I'm totally sorry about it."
   "Yeah. I get it. My Mom is the force behind your actions. But I'm very sure that was not why you stopped me. Or was it?" An impatience Feyintola asks shifting from one leg to the other the chilled bottled water dripping with water.
   "Yeah. I wanted to apologise for yesterday."
"Yesterday?"
"Yes. Your Mom called and asked if we were bonding and I told her that we weren't. When she asked why, I told her that it was because you were at the football field."
    "Okay....."
"I didn't know it was a big issue until your Aunt called late yesterday and she was really annoyed because she thought I was switching oh you. I really won't do that. I swear..." She starts to explain as Feyintola cuts in.
  "It's actually not nothing. My whole day was ruined because of that stuff yesterday. But I didn't even know you were it one. It's fine though. You stepped up already and I really do appreciate that. But I think we should work on something though."
   "Thanks for understanding. What's that though?"
"Our friendship." She makes an air quote with her fingers.
"We both know that there's nothing going on. But it looks like our mothers want to force something in which I have no interest. Sorry if that sounds harsh."
  "Not at all. Please continue."
"Okay. So what do you think we should do? You have your clique and they obviously don't like me. And we're obviously not compatible in any way. So what do you suggest?"
    "Well, let me take it from where you stopped. Talking about compatibility, we really are not compatible. I mean, I don't think we even have the slightest things in common. And we're not even interested in this friendship of a thing. So what I think we should do is that, let's just fake it. Sorry for that word." She lets out a little chuckle.
   "Why fake it? Let's just be friends on the surface. I say hi to you you say hi to me. You're down? I check up on you. Same with my. I think it's okay like that." Feyintola suggests.
"Wow! That's brilliant. It's making sense actually. Thanks so much dear. I never saw this side of you." Alicia appreciates her putting her hands together.
"Wow. That's a new one."
"Alicia!" A petite fair girl calls from the line and they both look in her direction.
  "It's almost your turn."
"Thanks." She says to the girl and turns back to Feyintola.
"See you around."
"Sure. Take care." Feyintola says with a short wave and turns to go just as Alicia returns to the line.
  Feyintola trudges out of the cafeteria and meets the boys standing under the hallogenn version of afternoon sun.
"I'm sorry guys. I had to attend to something." She apologizes as soon as she gets to them.
   "After roasting us under this sun." You can guess who said that.

Yo family 💃. Looks like our impression of Alicia just changed. Abi??? That's chapter 13. I should drop at least two more before the end of today. Happy Sunday 🤗, how was church service? I have gist for you o, in the next chapter sha.
Please vote 🌟 comment and share. Much love 💖💖

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™