5

Sitting at the window side on her bed, Feyintola busies herself with cleaning her black footballs boots as she carefully touches the left foot with a white cotton wool. She is so much engrossed in this and only lifts up her head when the door creaks open. The door widens and a young lady looking so much like her mother but not up to her age  comes into the room dressed in a floor length flair gown sown out of crepe material.
"Good morning Aunt Tola." She chirps putting on a smile.
"Good morning my dear. How are you doing?"
Still cleaning her shoes, she adjusts as the last walks up to her and sits beside her putting on a smile as well.
  "How you left me here the last time you visited." She replies picking up the right shoe.
"I'm really sorry my dear. You know how work is.  I didn't mean to abandon my favorite niece and only namesake. I'm sorry dear." She explains pulling her head to her shoulders.
  "You could have called or left a message still. You didn't do any."
"Well you could have too. You didn't." The lady points out her lips curling up in a smirk. Feyintola's eyes widen in realisation and she bows her head.
  "I'm sorry." Her mother's younger sister nods in understanding and walks to the window. She turns back to examine the room and her eyes suddenly widen. She looks to the other side and around the room for a while before returning her gaze to Feyintola.
  "Where's your P.S?"
"Mom packed it."
"What? Why?"
     "I don't know. She's of the opinion that I'm not like every normal teenager and that I don't behave like other teenage girls. I later went to apologise sef, she just ignored me." She explains looking up at her Aunt.
  "Ah! Are you sure you didn't do something to annoy her? Check well o. I know she doesn't support your football dream but she doesn't have to go to the extent of seizing your play station."
   "I don't know o." The younger lady sulks pulling her lips up into a pout.
"Was that why you had to talk back at your dad yesterday morning? You know I keep telling you that stubbornness cannot do this thing. I know what I am talking about Feyintola." She says going up to the little girl. She stands in front of her and lifts up her chin.
  "I know what I am saying too Aunt. They just want me to keep following their rules, keep living the life they think is best for me. Do they think they know what is best....." She begins but is politely interrupted as her Aunt cuts in.
  "No! No! No! Feyintola. They are just trying to do what they think is best for you. If you keep talking back at them do toy think it will make them change? No, it will only make them harden their hearts and when people ask them why they're against you they will bring up the bad things you are doing. They will pitch themselves against you and keep pointing out your bad side." Feyintola Jacobs explains as she now takes a seat beside her niece and puts her arm around her shoulders. She takes her time to explain to her.
"Dad called my passion an unrealistic dream. Can you bear with that? It was just so heartbreaking for me to hear it. I just had to talk to save myself from being affected emotionally."
  "Exodus 14:14 says that we should hold out peace and let the Lord fight for us. It is well dear. Let's keep keeping on."
  Feyintola nods in hope and puts on a smile. Her aunt pulls her into a hug and pats her back. They break apart and she takes her boots to the rack at the end of the room. She returns to lay beside her Aunt.
  "How are your friends?"
"They're doing well. Ini has issues with his Mom. Looks like he's not saying everything about the issue though. Like there's still something that needs to be said."
   "Give him time. He will come around. It is well. Hassan nko?"
"He is fine."
"Is he improving?"
    "A lot. We bought him a Bible. He is extra happy. Like he kept on saying thanks till the end of the week. I was happy too sha. It was like we gave him ticket to heaven. Jeremy was even teasing him."
    "Awwwn! I miss my children." She gushes.
  "Who is your favorite sef?" Feyintola asks turning to face her.
"Hassan now. Who else?"
"Ah! See me thinking I was the one o. Infact that boy will see what I will do to him. He has me to deal with." She threatens making her aunt burst out in laughing.
  "Feyintola o. Sha don't injure somebody's child." Older Feyintola says still laughing making the younger one join in her laughter.

That joy of having a family member who supports you. Are you close to any of your parents' sibling??? How does it feel like to be close to them??? I have a lovely experience with mine actually ☺️. They are all sweethearts 💖💟💟💯 thanks for engaging 💖🤗🤗
  Please vote 🌟 comment and share 😊

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™