23

Closely followed by Coach Donald putting on a blue and white striped shirt, black trousers and black sandals, Feyintola Jacobs clad in a blue knee length gown with a sweetheart neckline enter into the sitting room to meet Irewamiri and Feyintola sitting on their wait.
They run up to them and hug their aunt while Feyintola smiles on seeing the coach.
"Good afternoon Coach. I didn't know you were going to come today." She says offering him a seat on a burgundy colored couch.
"Miss Jacobs called me and fortunately, I was less busy. So are am I." He says smiling too. "I just hope it's worth the risk." He says looking up to Feyintola Jacobs who smiles in assurance.
"Where are they?" She asks them.
Irewamiri immediately runs towards the stairs and calls out.
"Dad! Mom! You have visitors." He says and returns to sit by their Aunt.
"Aunt Tola be looking fresh everyday." He teases her making her smile.
"See this one o, don't even start. I heard of the scandal you caused." She starts look squarely at him.
"Ah! Who is your informant? That person can lie o...." He says before he notices his sister telling him to stop talking while pointing to the stairs. He rolls his eyes in response and sits properly.
"Don't worry I will gist you when we settle this." He promises while she stands up and goes to hug her sister and Dr Adams.
"Hello fam. How are you both doing?" She asks as Dr Adams gives her a pat on the back.
"We're doing well..." Mrs Adams starts.
"All thanks to God." Her husband ends taking a seat beside him wife on the loveseat. He notices coach Donald's presence and looks at Feyintola putting on a smirk. She quickly catches on and shakes her head in negative.
"No no! He's not the one. He's here for a different reason. To see you actually." She says and returns to her seat.
"Good afternoon sir and madam." Coach Donald greets putting on a smile.
  "Good afternoon young man. How can I help you?"
"My name is Donald. And I am Feyintola's coach. I'm here to see you about something very important."
   "And I hope it's not something that will make me annoyed. Trust me you don't want to see my other side." He starts before Feyintola interrupts him.
  "When did you become this impatient. Or did Clara annoy you already?" She asks looking at her elder sister sparingly.
"Not at all. It's just the thought of my daughter playing football that annoys me. Football is not meant for people of class or dignity. It's for struggling boys and not even girls so I don't know why you people are here o." He says and sits up again.
  "Sir, we are here because a competition is coming up and it's a state event and your daughter is one of the chosen players. So I'm here to actually brief you on the competition. It's a very benefiting one and promising too. Most especially for someone like Feyintola who is actually very talented. She has the opportunity for a scholarship and the opportunity to join the State's football academy whose form fee is about almost two million naira if not more, free of charge. I think you should give it a rethink sir, this one is a big opportunity that will even serve as a source of pride for you sir."
  "Really? So you people are coming here to tell me about scholarship and free form. Do you think I can't afford this things if I want to on a normal day? Well I can. Just in case you didn't know. But no, I won't sign for her. Why? Because I don't want it. Simple!" He says and immediately gets up on his feet.
"Do have a nice weekend mister." He concludes and goes up the stairs leaving his wife on the seat.
"I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do either. It's either she does our wish or doesn't do anything at all." She says and stands up to leave too.
"Clara, what if your wish is not God's wish?"
"Well, let her do it first and when God corrects it, if it's something palatable, she will go for it. I really don't know why you two are like this." She says resignedly and goes up the stairs too.
Feyintola turns to look at the Coach putting on a sad smile.
"Thank you sir. I really appreciate your efforts." She says and turns to her aunt; "Aunt Tola you're still around right?"
"Yes. Let me see him off. J will be back just now." She says leading the coach out of the house.
"I'm sorry about that." She says immediately they step out of the sitting room.
  "It's fine. I do understand. I faced almost the same with my mother too." He replies.
"I will do something about this. Trust me." She says nodding her head as if to assure herself.
   "No problem miss Jacobs. Thanks once again."
"I will send you something small, please use it for your transport." She tells him as he goes out of the gate.
"It's not needed. But it's appreciated. I'm doing it for tomorrow not today. Do have a nice weekend."

One word for Dr Adams 📝📝. Omo, I can imagine 😂😂😂. Don't worry ehn, God will kukuma do it for us. I do appreciate Coach Donald and thank God they didn't call him lowlife today. A beautiful morning to you. It's another day for you to make changes in that wrong stuff you know you're doing and another chance for improvement in the good one you're embarking one. Do have a beautiful day ahead 💟💟. This chapter is dedicated to ghost readers. I love you guys ❣️

   Yours in Ink; Bethel ™