8

Feyintola shuts the door to her room a unlocks her phone while going towards the stairs. She holds the railing with her left hand and puts a call across to the boys waiting patiently as she reaches the end of the stairs.
  "If you fall down now, this is exactly how I will keep on looking at you. What exactly is wrong with you? Must you press phone every time?" Mrs Adams asks holding a wrapped gift box in her left hand. She hisses and settles down on a burgundy colored suede material lounge in the living room. Feyintola stops the call and moves into the living room properly.
"Good afternoon ma." She says but doesn't wait for a reply before going into the kitchen. She emerges with a glass of chilled water and takes her time to take a full gulp before dropping the almost empty mug on the glass furnished dining table. She returns to the living room and glances at the wall clock to read; 04:06.
"Can I go now?"
"Not yet. Besides why are you dressed like this?" She queries accessing her attire consisting of a white turtle neck knee length gown, black waist trainer, black ankle boots and a white scarf to wrap her head.
  "What's wrong with my dressing?"
"Ah! Egbami o! Are you asking me what is wrong with this dressing? What is the dress code?"
"White and pink."
    "So? What happened to pink?"
"I don't have any pink dress. Besides, we talked yesterday and she said that I can wear white."
  "Ehn ehn. So that is why you decided to go looking homeless. Days like this make me pray for another girl child because your actions almost make ask myself if truly you are a girl. See you putting on turtle neck when most of your mates over there will rock mermaid dressed and ball gowns with beautiful heeled sandals and shoes. But no, you're here not even showing any inch of your father's wealth."
  "But it's a birthday party not a fashion or wealth show Mom. And how did showcasing Dad's wealth come into this topic? I already mentioned it since I was little that I want to live a normal life, no too much dress, no too much friends, no too much popularity, no too much paparazzi. Simple life." Feyintola replies impatiently glancing at her phone.
   "And I already agreed with you but at least act your age. Don't act like you're above your age or something. It's freaking me out when you act so matured and so understanding and so boyish. Yes I should add that. Anyways, I refuse to argue with you like this every time. I am your mother and you do whatever I want you to do."
  "I'm late for the party Mom."
"Get yourself a nice pink dress and a beautiful set of jewelry on the way. That's a gift for the celebrant. We will resume out issue when you get back home." She says handing her the gift box from earlier and a bank card. Feyintola genuflects and takes the gift box stylishly leaving the bank card.
"Goodbye ma."
"The card nko?"
   "I'm okay with this dress."
"Then get yourself a set of expensive jewelry." She insists and pushes the card into her hand.
  "Fine. We both know I don't use jewelry but it's nothing bad if I make a point of charity today. Is it? See you Mom." She says and hurries out of the house.
    "Feyintola. You dare not spend my hard earned money on someone else's child. Feyintola! Can't you hear me?" She shouts and runs out after her only to get outside and hear the heavy clang of the black Italian two faced gate. She sends a glare to the amused gateman who hurries into his cubicle before rolling her eyes angrily and returning into the house.

My tummy o😂😂😂😂
You people should hold me abeg, I want to faint. Besides, omo Mrs Adams is funny o. Imagine 🤷, she said she's not showcasing her father's wealth. What's your belief concerning this? What do you think? Mrs Adams will not kill me o. Happy Easter Monday family 💃💃💃💃💃❣️❣️
Please vote 🌟, comment and share. You're loved 💟.

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™