19

The door opens and Feyintola's head turns to see Irewamiri dressed in black joggers and a wine shirt and barefooted. She sends a smile to him and he comes to pat her head.
  "Spoilt child." She says and rolls her eyes.
"Dad said I should call you."
"Why?"
  "Looks like a family meeting is about to take place."
"Oh!" She says and bobs her head while throwing on a wine round neck top to cover her black singlet.
"Why are you wearing top again?"
"We might have a visitor na. Who can tell? This is house wear or room wear not living room wear." She explains and slips on black flip flops. She goes over to the door and Irewamiri follows after her.
"Whatever happens though, don't give them joy. They want you to feel broken so prove them wrong."
  "I will try."
"I know you can do it Feyintola. I know my sister and I know what she can do."
  "My brother trusts me." She teases him earning a warm smile and a thumbs up. She nods in understanding as they enter into the living room and meet their parents sited side-by-side on a burgundy colored love seat.
  "Good evening Mom. Good evening Dad." She greets going on her knees.
"Good evening Feyintola. How are you doing?" Her father asks sending her a smile.
"So your mother and I organized this family meeting to talk to you and your brother. We talk about your faults first and the things we want from you. Then, we move to Irewamiri's choice of career." He explains the reason for he seating and she nods while Irewamiri sends her a confused look. She shrugs and returns her attention to their father who now sits back while their mother takes the lead.
"So, I will be asking you a few questions of which you must answer to." She says smacking her lips while Irewamiri grins at Feyintola.
"The first one is that, why have you decided to be a shame to this family?"
"I'm sorry to interrupt Mom. But what's your definition of shame to the family?" Irewamiri chips in as Mrs Adams clears her throat.
  "I mean look at us, your father and I, we have enough. My bakery has branches almost all over the country and your father here is an award winning surgeon whose services are requested abroad. But your sister has decided to put this volume of wealth under the rug anytime she does her things. It's either someone loves her new pair of very expensive shoes and she gives them, or she can't use jewelry because she's a Christian, or she wants to involve in this charity work and she empties her credit card or she just wants to live a low key life. The last time she came over to my bakery, she was playing with the workers. No respect for her personality or something, she was just so carefree with them that they were even laughing with her. Is that supposed to be?" She asks as her husband shakes his legs angrily.
  "Feyintola did that? No wonder, I thought all this was about football and I wanted to tell you to give her a break from the constant insults and all. I didn't know she was embarrassing us all this while. Feyintola, some people are praying for this our type of wealth and you're taking it for granted."
  "How Dad? How? I know that God gives and he takes and on so many occasions I decided to actually experience what this people experience so I try to blend in. It's called humility and I love it. Not showing too much of me. Besides, none of this is mine, I want to build mine too. But you won't allow me. I'm just tired. You both don't understand. Mom, no one forced you to be you. You love yourself just the way you are,so why are you trying to recreate me. This is me. Just love me like I do. Please." She groans out pleadingly in pain holding her head between her hands. This draws her parents attention and Irewamiri goes to hold her shoulders.
"I don't like this. Not one bit." He says looking at her. "Can you guys just give her a break? Please?"
"Feyintola you can go up to your room. Irewamiri we still have to talk about your career." Dr Adams says.
Feyintola nods and pats her brother's shoulder. He forces a smile and turns to leave the sitting room.
"Have your seat."

Hi. That's chapter 19. Please vote 🌟 comment and share. Thanks a bunch 😁💖. Feyintola finally said something and with all due respect. This might actually change them. What do you feel??

  Yours in Ink; Bethel ™