Chapter 29

Trigger Warning This Chapter has mentions of Rape, Abuse, Substance Abuse.

"Trina Williams  born September 9, 1994. Age 28, born and raised in Brooklyn New York. Died January 15, 2023," James reads her autopsy report out loud. The paper painted a picture of the woman detailing her height, weight, ethnicity, and gender. James flips the page handing the photo cards of the scene to Khalil. Khalil flips through them staring at the deceased woman in her own puddle of blood.

His eyes squint seeing her holding onto something in her hands. Before he could say something, James spoke again, "Death by stab wounds, inflicted by a sharp object. The murder weapon has yet to be found."

Khalil listens flipping through the photo cards of each detailed scene of the crime. They were a total of maybe seven to eight stab wounds from what he could count. "One correctional officer named unknown had escorted the victim to the showers, after being taken out of solitary confinement. There's little to be known about just how her killers managed to obtain access to the showers at the time."

James continues stroking his chin as he fondles the papers until he reaches what he's been looking for.

"The investigators and Forensic experts had discovered DNA of an unidentified female, on the victim's body. They have reason to believe it had to be more than one suspect and that one of the correctional officials was involved in her murder," James closes the envelope handing it back to the Forensic expert.

"They're on the right track, at least we know that," Khalil lets him know looking into the bag, of marked evidence. He picks up the bags his blue surgical gloves grazing the plastic.

"The picture?" Khalil stares at the picture covered in blood.  "Apparently the victim had a son, we tried to clean and recreate the picture, but it's soaked with blood." The blood splatter expert says to Khalil as he stares at the stained picture.

Khalil wonders if the little one was still alive. He places the picture down on the table, turning towards the scientist, "Thank you for sharing this information with us."

"If you have any more information let us know, until then you should let the investigators know to gather all the workers that were at the prison that day, and make sure to interview them all," James lets them know as he and Khalil gather their belongings.

"What are we going to do now ?" James asks Khalil exiting the building. "I've been thinking about what happened a couple of days ago," Khalil tells James walking alongside him. James side-eyes him, "What?" He questions his baby brother who strokes his chin his blue eyes never leaving the concrete sidewalk.

"It's about Milo's friend. Alice is her name," Khalil lets his brother know finally looking up, and seeing children running toward an ice cream truck. James tilts his head, "Yeah what about her?"

Khalil frowns telling his brother, "Something about her throws me off. You know the other day when we buried Trina, well that night after you and Deshawn left, she came out of nowhere and approached Milo. Like I know it could just be a coincidence, and she said she was taking a stroll, but I find it weird." He felt at ease getting his suspicion off of his chest, he wondered if he was just paranoid with all that's been happening.

"It was as though she was waiting, or stalking?"

James hums in response as they reach the parking lot. "I've never met her, so I can't make a fair judgment, however, if you feel something is off with her? Then I'll trust your judgment," James tells him opening his car door. Khalil does the same.