Chapter 4

"How?" Milo questions still in a state of shock, so many emotions running through his head. Sadness, Pain, and Regret, but most of all He was worried. That feeling like something wasn't right taunting him. His first mind yelling, I told you so.

"Milo!" Looking up he makes eye contact with a worried Alice. Although Javan was the one who said his name and held his shoulder. "We're here," Alice says. Milo looks towards the big building. He swallows hard, a part of him feared this place. He knew that hospitals were never a good sign, most importantly they were welcoming to all the death the world had to offer.

Death? Something Milo didn't even want to think about as he rushed through the glass entrance. A woman set at the receptionist counter, in a frantic state Milo practically yells, "What wing is Mimi located in?" The receptionist let's out a yelp, then cocks an eyebrow, "Mimi?" She looks on her computer screen, scanning all the records.

"Sorry kid there's no Mimi here," The woman says making it clear that she already had a rough day. Milo could feel a panic attack as Alice steps in pulling him back as the receptionist takes note of the young boys expression. "Hey are you alright ?" She starts to question, but Alice chime in, "He's fine. Could you please tell us where we could find Mei Shen? This here is her grandson."

The woman nods looking through her computers, ever so often she looks up at the young man worried that he may faint. "Maybe you should sit down young men? You too young lady." Milo sits down in one of the waiting chairs, and Javan does also. Alice also takes a seat across from the two boys.

"W-why?" Milo says out loudly. "How did this even happen?" Milo looks up at Alice as she lowers her head playing with her fingers, "Mrs Robison didn't give me much information only the fact that she fainted in the middle of the hallways, could be from exhaustion, not nothing to serious so don't worry Milo." Hearing this Milo try's to calm his anxiety, but he still can't feel a bit guilty. "I tried to get her to rest, and to take a break it been almost three weeks, and she has been working herself to the brim. I can't help but feel it's my fault, and that if I would've tried harder she wouldn't be in this place," Milo speaks whipping his tears with the brim of his hand.

"It's not your fault Milo, you can't always blame yourself for everything that goes wrong in life. Sometimes things that happen in our life are just not in our control. You say that you could've tried harder, and who's to say your grandmother would've listen either way, what's happening now could've happen still . Look I don't know your story hell, I just started to enjoy your presence a couple hours ago, but I just want you to know that none of this is your fault," Javan tells Milo handing him a napkin. Milo looks at him wondering, why Javan had rushed out with him? Taking the napkin he wipes he face blowing his nose, nodding his head as he sniffles.

"Who are you anyway?" Alice ask Javan. "Javan," He tells her blankly. Alice observes him then looks towards Milo who looks at her with questioning eyes. "Wh-" Alice goes to say, before being interrupted, and Milo for once was grateful for this night. "Young man if you would follow me, I can take you to your grandmother now," the nurse from earlier tells Milo as he stands up, looking towards the other two. "Oh sorry hun, we can't come in with you after hours members that are not apart of the family can't go back there, but we'll stay out here," Alice says reaching out her hand to grab Milos rubbing the back of his hand, while giving him a small smile. "For emotional support," she tells him.

Javan couldn't help but think Milo looked like a lost puppy, and honestly he didn't know why he decided to tag along? However he knew he couldn't stick around for long as he stood up, "Nah I have to get going." Milo looks at him watching as he walks past him, grabbing Javan's arm Milo says softly, "Thanks for coming and the prep talk. Don't worry your secret is safe with me." Javan waves as he walks out the door. Milo turns his attention back to the nurse who had the patience to sit there and watch all of that unfold. "I'm sorry we could go now," Milo says to the nurse as he leaves Alice who had her earphones waiting patiently for him to get back.