Chapter 28

Ms Trina's grave was on top of a small hill, that grew bleeding hearts. Khalil thought it would be symbolic to bury the woman there instead of in a cemetery.  The four men Khalil James, Deshawn, and some random funeral carrier,  carried the woman's casket towards the hill top.

While Milo and Javan, follows closely behind them.

When Khalil had explained to Milo the way she was found dead in the showers with a bunch of stab wounds he felt sick. Although he wanted her to face consequences for her actions, he hadn't wanted her life to be taken away from her.

"It's not adding up," James tells his brother stroking his chin.

Milo lifts his head hearing the sound of James voice.

Khalil turns to his brother he also tries to wrap his head around the current situation. How a woman that he just was communicating with, that was full of so much life, had managed to get killed. Who killed her, was what he wondered most?

It wasn't adding up to Khalil, and he wasn't the only one who felt this way. Both Deshawn and James wondered the same thing. Deshawn blinks back shock, his brown eyes trails the cold, dark, empty grave before him. Where the four would have to put this woman to rest in.

James looks towards Khalil who was staring at the ground.  "We will go by the lab after her funeral," James lets them know, and Khalil looks up at him alert.

"Oh come on there's nothing that a lab can tell you that you shouldn't have already figured out by now," Deshawn tells the two of them, as they look at each other than back at him. "What are you on about Deshawn," Khalil questions the male who scoffs at him, "Khalil you're smart, so let's not drag out this story any longer, it's clear to me that Song deleted her ass off the map."

Khalil eyes widen as he looks ahead listening to the male It did make sense, for her to have been killed off, which is why she seemed so scared, but what was the reason? Khalil squeezes the bar he was holding tightly.

"But why would he kill her off, and why?" James asks Deshawn as they approach the grave. Milo eavesdrops on the conversation, Khalil had never really explained to him just why he grew sympathetic towards the woman that stabbed him? So hearing them discuss her death and how his father had something to do with it put even more weight on the guilt he felt.

That's just the type of man his father was. He'll use these people, these pawns to him. They do his dirty work, then when he has no need for them, they are killed. However Milo didn't know the story behind Trina, but he felt bad for her anyway.

Milo draws himself out of his thoughts hearing Deshawn tell them, "It's simple really after everything she told us, that's breaking the code, even if it was just her sad life story and a warning. To someone like Song that's death penalty." He puts his hand to his neck mimicking a knife as he slices it.

Milo breath hitches softly. 

Javan was also paying close attention to the conversation as he looks towards Milo, who looked shaken.

"You alright?" He asks Milo, watching the boy shake his head no. Personally Javan had no sympathy for the woman, who hurt his little sister. 

Khalil lets out a simple laugh shaking his head. It was unbelievable to him. The three of them and a guard were the only ones in that room, how was it possible that someone could've heard her?

"It just doesn't make any sense! We were the only one up in that room with one of the guards, it isn't possible for some inmate to have heard us," Khalil relays to them voicing his thoughts proudly.