Chapter 17 (R)

"Fuck!" A scream comes from one of the back rooms of the bar. The scream was startling causing Milo to raise his head looking towards the back. He looks around to see if anyone else might've heard what he heard. He wipes down a shot glass placing it back on the rack.

Looking around once again to see if anybody was approaching the bar, and to see no one coming. He pulls out the Taking five sign.

Quickly exiting from behind the bar, he makes his way to source of the sound. "Trent?" Milo nervously calls out his bosses name. Only to receive another strung out curse.

Realizing the sound came from Trent's office, Milo knocks on the door. "Hey Trent I heard a scream, you okay?" Milo speaks while knocking.

"What is it Milo?" The sound of a hoarse voice comes from the other side.  "Im just checking up on you," Milo tells him trying to grab the knob and continuing to say, "Can I come in?"

"No, not right now," Trent tells Milo who pauses his hand still hovering over the doorknob.  Trent voice sounded sad like he'd just finished crying.

Milo tried to say something else, but he couldn't for some reason he felt as though it was best to leave the male alone.

Taking a step back away from the door, he turns to walk back to the front. It wasn't a surprise to him that he had a few people waiting by the bar.

"Here you go ma'm one Margarita." Milo hands the  last white woman her drink, and she thanks him. Milo sighs wiping his forehead.

"You look tired."  His eyes open, with a surprised look on his face, he turns his head to the side.
"Khalil," he blinks making sure the figure that was dressed in all black with a hoodie and surgical mask, is actually who he said it was.

"What are you doing here," Milo questions fixing him a sparked dragon fruit. 

Khalil also wondered why he came there? He was passing through the neighborhood while doing a charity event.

He just happened to drive to far, and there he was in front of the bar. Khalil was going to leave, but then he saw Milo working hard trying to get costumers their drinks.

Seeing Milo in there is what made him decide to come in.

"I'm just passing through, besides can't I come check up on you?" Khalil says proudly.

Milo gives a small grin, "That's fine, but I suspected you to be a very busy man."  Khalil takes a sip of his drink, humming in response.

"Well I am that, but after all that's been happening. I decided to take a little break, I'm sure you've seen the headlines," Khalil tells him after placing his drink on the counter.

They make eye contact for the second time, Milo breaks it first. Wiping down the countertop he relays, " Yes I've seen." 

They sit in silence for a few minutes, it is an awkward one to. "Is it hard being famous?"  Milo questions even though he already knew the answer, but to hear it from Khalil would somehow feel different.

"Are we playing the question game again?" Khalil's tone was nonchalant almost as if he didn't want to talk about it. Milo shakes his head no saying, "Never-mind you don't have to  tell if you don't want to."

"It's hard sometimes, well most times, but eventually it gets better. It's like a constant cycle," Khalil tells him finishing off his drink.  Milo hums in response taking the empty glass, and putting it with the other dirty cups.