Chapter 26

(1 week later)
"Careful!" Khalil grabs the boxes that were about to fall on Milo's head. He was carrying a stack of Ms Kitty items that weren't damage, most were from her room, but he and Khalil managed to savage some items that weren't completely destroyed. The investigation in regards to the fire was still ongoing, and Milo was called in for questioning at the police station.

When they questioned him, he wind up telling them everything, about his father, the threats, the phone calls, and he's reason to believe that the fire wasn't accidental, but arson and attempted murder. They listen to him and wrote down notes, but wether or not they'll actually look into the case Milo didn't know.

Cops took to long sometimes, and who knew what his father was planning next. Milo places the boxes down on Trent's front step. Temporarily until her house was torn down and rebuild after the investigation, Ms Kitty and her Son Tristian were going to be living with Trey.

"Milo dear don't strain yourself to much," Ms Kitty tells him smiling down as he raises his head to look up at her. She still had the bandages wrapped around her burns, her hair in a messy ponytail, as she crosses her arms peering down at him leaning against the frame door.

Milo shakes his head, "I'm alright Mom. How are you?" He stands up hovering over her, his voice filled with concern. She smiles rubbing the top of his head, "Just happy to be alive, but they made me take off of work until my wounds heal , and my oxygen levels are back stable." She tells him feeling drained her blue and brown eye stare past him.

"Did you finally tell Khalil what you told me?" She asks her son staring at the young man grabbing the rest of the boxes out of his trunk. Milo nods his head, smiling a bit, "How did you figure?" Ms Kitty smiles at him looking back towards him, "It wasn't that hard to figure out," she tells him motioning for him to grab the boxes and bring them inside.

Milo looks back towards Khalil, as Ms Kitty walks back into the house going to find her other son and Trey. Khalil looks up from the box meeting Milo's eyes, who gives him a reassuring smile.

"You shouldn't carry such a large box Khalil your hand is still healing," Milo tells him stepping off the porch. He walks up motioning for the box, but Khalil stops him, "It's fine, just carry the ones in your hands." Milo shakes his head kneeling to place the box on the cement. Afterwards he straightens himself grabbing the box Khalil was carrying.

"How about you hold the door for me, the doctor said you should be careful with your right hand," Milo tells Khalil who tries to protest, but Milo motions him towards the door with his head.

Khalil sighs looking at his hand it did hurt a little. He grumbles walking up the stairs towards the door. "I haven't been here in a while," Khalil says softly but Milo hears him as he walks up the stairs with the stack of boxes.

"I keep forgetting that you and Trey are best friends. That makes me kind of jealous," Milo says passing by Khalil into the house. Khalil raises a brow, "Why would you be jealous?" He questions Milo following him into the living room. It was the same as he remembered, Trent's mother decorated this house, and these were the same decorations Khalil recognizes.

Milo laughs, "It just that Trent knew you when you were younger, and I wonder just how did you act when you were younger?" Milo tells him this playing with the flaps on the boxes. Khalil looks to the side, "I wouldn't consider how I act now to be any different from my past self. I've always been quiet and reserved, maybe a little lonely at times." Khalil lets him know this and Milo pauses looking toward him.

"Then how come when you're on tv you're so different, you make yourself seem happy then you truly are?" Milo asks him pointing at him smiling curiously. His left hand wasn't bandage anymore, but people can still see the scar where the knife had penetrated his hand.