"Soldiers" are guarding the border, going to the border to guard, and only need to serve for three days.

    The latter two services have almost nothing to do with the local county government. The main use of manpower depends on the "genius". If the population of the county is large enough, there will naturally be more people who come to serve, and the county government will have more free labor. To do things, there are few things that can be done with a small population. If there is a project that must be done, if the population is not enough, you have to spend your own money to hire people.

    "I don't know how long ago my lord expects to complete this project."

    Du Heng said: "Naturally, it is better as soon as possible. The most appropriate thing is that farmers can irrigate their crops during the summer drought this year."

    According to the weather in Qiuyang County, at least four or five It has to be irrigated every month, so the usable time is only about six months.

    The time is very tight. Now that the productivity and labor force are underdeveloped, it is really difficult to complete the water conservancy renovation in half a year.

    The history of the official house said: "If county servants are used, a group of people will be replaced every month. It will take some time for the old and new county servants to handover and adapt. This will definitely delay the process. Someone needs to be hired to do something.”

    When it comes to hiring people, you have to spend money, and the Household Code History simply calculated the accounts: "According to the daily wages of the county workers, hiring a strong adult can get forty cash a day, but if you hire it on a monthly basis, the minimum is 40 yuan." You get 800 cash per month. If you hire 100 people, you will spend 80 taels of silver a month." "

    And the strong ones from October to February of the following year can be recruited, and the manpower will be less when the spring is plowing. A lot."

    Standing beside Du Heng, Jiang Qi took down the questions and rough calculations raised by Liufang one by one.

    Du Heng listened to everyone's opinions quietly, and said: "People must be invited. The official has already communicated with the village households in advance. In addition, each village has to build water trucks to operate irrigation." "The money for building water

    trucks Is it the common people paying for it themselves or the county government?"

    Du Heng said: "What's your opinion?"

    Gongfang Dianshi said: "The construction of water conservancy is already busy. If the county government pays for the construction, even if you have money, you will not be able to do it.

    " Fang Dianshi said dryly: "Although there is still some money in the public account this year, it is not at all rich."

    Now there are about 8,000 taels of silver in the account, which is the most abundant county account in recent years. Yes, but Liufang can also see that their Xinzhi County is ambitious, and the money to do things is still very tight.

    He kindly reminded: "After all, I still owe the court five thousand taels of silver."

    Having said this, everyone sighed slightly.

    Lifang Dianshi said: "But the farmers are short of money. The cost of this waterwheel must be more than ten taels of silver. How can anyone pay so much money. I'm afraid they will be asked to raise money when the time comes, and there will be complaints. Still can't get it out."