44

The next day, Du Heng was thinking about getting up early. Although he went to bed late, he still managed to get up.

    Looking at Qin Xiaoman, who was still familiar with sleeping with the quilt in his arms, it was a little cool in the early morning breeze, Du Heng tucked in the quilt, and got up lightly and silently.

    Looking out of the yard, the sky was cloudy, but it was also bright, and it was another sunny day.

    The roosters in the village were already crowing. Du Heng was not used to sleeping on a plank bed. It was cold and he slept very lightly at night.

    Qin Xiaoman took this matter to heart, always thinking that he would be easily woken up by a little noise, so there was no rooster at home.

    Originally, when the wedding was held, the folks sent two of them over, and he asked him to turn them over to the city and sell them in poultry shops.

    Du Heng saw the comfortable weather these few hours, released the chickens and ducks from the chicken coop, and went to the cowshed again.

    The ox lying cross-legged saw people coming in, and immediately got up, and Du Heng threw a lot of fodder to it.

    People in the distance have already woken up, the sound of chopping firewood in the quiet morning, but the occasional cough seems extraordinarily ethereal.

    Du Heng went back to the kitchen to light up the fire and steam some leftovers. Yesterday's fish soup didn't have meat in the first place, Qin Xiaoman ate five fish heads with wine, and there was no meat left.

    However, there is still a lot of fish soup, and he is going to throw some vegetable leaves into it, and he will eat this this morning.

    Hot and cold meals are simple and you don't need to prepare anything. You can put your brains in the pot, and you don't have to worry about throwing two pieces of wood when the fire is up. You can eat when Qin Xiaoman gets up.

    Du Heng washed his face with cold water and rinsed his mouth, and his whole body became much more energetic.

    He took out the book he had put down last night, and looked at it by the door of the stove. He could watch the stove fire, but he didn't have to stand there to catch the heat.

    Although the Tongsheng Examination is just an entrance examination for scientific examinations, once you become a Tongsheng, you can be called a student member, so as to prepare for the provincial examination in the backyard.

    Because it is an entry test, it is simple and simple. The test is all about basic poetry and prose theory. As long as you have read the few books to be tested, you will basically have no problem.

    What is tested is the diligence of the students, not how much talent and skills they have.

    It can be said that it is difficult but it is difficult. There are too many exams in the Tongsheng Examination. First, you have to take five consecutive exams in the county.

    The difficulty lies in the fact that you have to pass eight exams in a row, and if you fail one, it will be in vain.

    But now there is an unwritten regulation in Dayun Dynasty, all the sons of officials can buy a student qualification as long as they donate some money, so they don't have to suffer through eight exams.

    For this reason, children from official families are generally younger than children from ordinary families in the provincial examination.

    In the early years, only the children of officials and eunuchs could donate money to buy students. Later, merchants also wanted to give convenience to their own children. Over time, there are now many scholars who spend money to buy students.