20

Victoria got up from her bed, feeling a sense of exhaustion wash over her. She knew that she needed to talk to someone, so she had invited Pedri and Sophia to meet up with her at a near by restaurant.

She stood in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection. Her face was pale, and her eyes were sunken in with dark bags underneath them. She looked tired and worn out, and she knew that she needed to take better care of herself.

Victoria took a deep breath, trying to shake off the exhaustion. She knew that she couldn't let it get the best of her. She had to be strong, for her sister and for herself.

She started to get ready, taking a shower and getting dressed. She put on some makeup, trying to hide the dark circles under her eyes.

As she waited for Pedri and Sophia to arrive, she felt a sense of anticipation wash over her. She knew that they would be able to help her, to give her the support and comfort that she needed.

Victoria looked around, taking in the scenery around her. She then saw Sophia walking towards her, and she gave her a small smile.

As Sophia got closer, Victoria could see that she looked like she had been having a hard time. She got up and hugged her, feeling a sense of empathy and compassion.

They held onto each other for a few moments before letting go and sitting down.

They sat across from each other in silence, each lost in their own thoughts as they looked over the menu.

Finally, Sophia spoke up, "How have you been since the accident?"

Victoria puts down her menu and looked at Sophia. She took a deep breath. "It's had been tough." I say."But the hardest part of it all is the emotional toll it has taken over me."

Sophia listened intently, her eyes filled with empathy and concern. She knew how hard it had been for Victoria to deal with the aftermath of the accident. But she also knew how strong and resilient Victoria was. She reached across the table and took Victoria's hand, offering her a reassuring smile.

She smiled back, grateful for Sophia's support.

Victoria could tell that something was wrong, but she didn't want to pry. Finally, she mustered up the courage to ask Sophia how she has been.

Sophia just stared at her for a moment before responding. She looked like she was about to cry, and Victoria could see the pain in her eyes. After a few moments of silence, Sophia finally spoke up.

"It's been hard," she says. "I miss her so much."

"I know I miss her too," I say gently. "But I am here for you. If you ever need to talk, just let me know."

Sophia nodded, tears streaming down her face. They sat in silence for a few moments, both lost in their own thoughts.

Pedri rushed into the restaurant, looking around frantically for Victoria and Sophia. He was running late, thanks to a long practice session that had gone over time.

Finally, he spotted them sitting at a table in the back of the restaurant. He walked over to them, feeling a little out of breath.

"Hey," I say, smiling at them both. "Sorry I'm late. Xavi kept us a little longer to talk about the next game."

Victoria smiled a little in response, and Pedri felt a wave of relief wash over him. He had been worried that she would be upset with him for being late.

"It's fine," Sophia said, looking at him. "We just ordered our drinks."

Pedri nodded, he sat down at the table, feeling a little more relaxed now that he was with them.

They talked about their day and what they've been up too. He was glad to have some time to unwind after a long practice session.

After a little while, Victoria looks at him and said, "So, how's the team doing this season?"

He smiled, launching into a detailed explanation of their recent games. He was happy to have someone to talk to who understood his passion for the sport.

Pedri sat across from Victoria, fidgeting nervously. He had been meaning to ask her how her parents were doing, but he wasn't sure how to bring it up.

Finally, he took a deep breath and said, "Hey, how have your parents been since the accident?"

Victoria's face went pale, and both Pedri and Sophia looked at her, concerned.

"I'm sorry," I sag quickly. "I shouldn't have asked."

Victoria took a deep breath and then spoke, "It's okay. They've been having a hard time. My dad started drinking again, and my mom just isn't herself anymore. She's been really depressed."

Pedri felt a wave of sadness wash over him as he listened to her speak. He knew that he couldn't fix things for her, but he wanted to be there for her in any way that he could.

"I'm sorry," I say softly. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

She shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "No, it's okay. Thank you for asking, though. It means a lot."

He nodded, feeling a little helpless. He wished that he could do more for her, but he knew that sometimes all you could do was be there to listen.

As they sat in silence, Pedri felt a sense of closeness with Victoria. Even though they weren't as close, he felt like they had been through something together.

Finally, he spoke again, "If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. We all are."

Victoria looked at him and smiled, and he felt a sense of warmth spread through him. He knew that they would get through this together, no matter what.

They were getting ready to leave the restaurant when the Victoria's phone started ringing.

She picked up the phone and saw that it was her mom calling. She looked up at Pedri and Sofia, and they both looked at her in worry.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?" My mom asked, her voice shaking.

"I'm having dinner with Sofia and Pedri," I replied. "What's going on?"

"Listen, you need to come home immediately," my mom said, her voice urgent.

"Why? What happened?" I ask, my heart racing.

"Meet me at the hospital," my mom said. "They called me and told me that they need the family to go there now."

Victoria froze, her mind racing with possibilities. She asked quietly, "Is Nailea okay?"

My mom didn't answer the question directly, but said, "You need to go now."

She hung up the phone and looked at Pedri and Sofia, tears started streaming down her face. Sofia immediately wraps her arms around her, and she knew that they would be there for her no matter what.

As they rushed to the hospital, Victoria's mind was filled with worry and fear. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew that it couldn't be good.