14

Victoria sat by Nailea's bedside, holding her hand as she slept. It had been five weeks since the accident, and Nailea hadn't woken up yet. She took a deep breath, trying to hold back her tears.

"I miss you so much," I say. "So much has happened since the accident."

Victoria looks at her sister, feeling a sense of sadness.

"Mom and Dad have been arguing a lot," I say. "Dad's been drinking again, and Mom just isn't herself. She's always sad and tired. She never leaves the bed unless it's to come visit you."

Victoria takes a deep breath, feeling a sense of frustration.

"And school's been tough," I continued. "I just can't focus. I miss you so much."

Victoria pauses, staring at her sister.

"Do you remember when you told me you were thinking about breaking up with Pedri?" I asked. "Well, I think you made a mistake. I really like your boyfriend."

Victoria looks at her sister, feeling a sense of guilt.

"He hasn't left your side since the accident," I say. "He's been so kind and caring. I don't know what I would do without him."

Tears started streaming down Victoria's face. She took a deep breath, trying to hold back her sobs.

"Please wake up," she said, my voice shaking. "I miss you so much. I need you."

She looked at her sister, feeling a sense of sadness.

"I would give anything to have you back," I say. "Anything."