5

Pedri walks into the hospital room, his heart heavy with sadness. Nailea lays in the hospital bed, her eyes closed, her chest rising and falling with each breath.

He pulled up a chair and sat down next to her. He took her hand in his and squeezed it gently. "Hey, baby," he said softly. "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

He talked to her, telling her about his day, about the things he had seen and done. He hoped that his voice would somehow reach her, that it would bring her back to him.

He knew that Nailea was fighting for her life, and he was determined to be there for her every step of the way.

His phone started ringing, and Pedri quickly reached into his pocket to pull it out. He looks at the screen, and saw that it was Gavi.

Gavi has been calling everyday to check in on him especially after everything that had happened.

Pedri answers the phone. "Hey." I say. Gavi could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Gavi asked.

I took a deep breath before answering. "It's been tough," I say. "But I'm doing my best to stay strong for her."

"I know," Gavi said. "She's lucky to have you."

Pedri thanks Gavi for calling, and they talked for a few more minutes. Gavi wanted to make sure that he was taking care of himself, too, and not just focusing on his Nailea's recovery.

"Remember to take breaks," he said. "It's okay to take some time for yourself."

Pedri appreciated the advice, and he promised to take care of himself. He knew that he needed to be strong for Nailea, but he also knew that he couldn't do it alone.

After they hung up, Pedri felt a sense of relief. He was grateful for Gavi's calls, and he knew that he had a support system in place. He felt a little less alone, and a little more hopeful about the future.

As the days went on, Pedri continued to take care of himself, and he made sure to keep Gavi updated on Nailea's progress. They were all in this together, and they knew that they would get through it, one day at a time.