11

The next day Pedri drove to Sophia's house and knocked on the door. He waited for a few minutes, but nobody answered. He knocked again, louder this time.

Finally, the door opened, and Sophia was standing there, looking disheveled.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay after last night," I say.

She nodded, and he followed her into the house. He could see that everything was a mess, and Sophia looked like she hadn't slept in days.

"How have you been holding up?" I ask.

"It's been hard," she says. "I miss her so much."

She started crying, Pedri felt tears welling up in his own eyes.

"I miss her too," I say, putting my arm around her.

They sat there for a while, crying together. Pedri knew that he couldn't fix everything, but he also knew that he could be there for Sophia.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask.

She shook her head.

"I just need time," she said.

Pedri nodded, understanding.

"I'm here for you," I say. "Whenever you need me."

She smiled weakly, and he knew that he had made the right decision by coming to see her.

"What if she never wakes up?" Sophia asks, her voice barely above a whisper.

Pedri didn't answer, and they both sat there in silence, lost in their own thoughts.

Finally, Sophia spoke up.

"I remember when I first met her," she said, a small smile on her face. "We were complete opposites, but that's what drew us together. We just clicked."

Pedri nodded, listening intently.

"She's been there for me through everything," Sophia continued. "And I just can't imagine life without her." Tears welled up in her eyes.

"We'll get through this," I say. "Together."

Sophia nodded, grateful for his support.

They sat there for a while longer, talking about the good times they had shared with the Nailea.

And even though they didn't know what the future held, they knew that they would face it together.