20. Kiss Me

"People of King's Landing... today is the saddest of days." Criston announced. ''Our beloved king... Viserys the Peaceful... is dead. Prince Aegon... has declined the position seeing... a better option in his brother Aemond and their father agreed." There was a murmuring of sad woes. ''But it is also the most joyous of days... for as our beloved King Viserys spirit left us... he whispered his final wish: that his second born son, Aemond... should succeed him." Criston declared and there was but a moment of silence before the crowd agreed and an applause broke out for their new king.

"Guards!" the commander shouted. ''Out of the way! Move!'' They were getting into position for their new king to march down the aisle. "Present arms!" 

They marched down the people parted and the rose their blade high for Aemond to pass under. Snow smiled as she watched him get closer. He looked the part, he would be a good king. Kind but knew never to let anyone trample him again. Not his brother, no one.

"It is your great good fortune and privilege to be here to witness this: a new day for our city... a new day for our realm. A new king... to lead us." Criston declared as Aemond marched through. As he passed the swords fell after him. Each step closer to something he always wanted but never thought he would get. Snow smiled back at him from the stage. He looked the part of a king. She took credit for that fire she saw in his eyes as he climbed the steps towards her, as the horns blared out.

''May the Warrior give him courage. May the Smith lend strength to his sword and shield. May the Father defend him in his need." Septon Eustace began. ''May the Crone lift her shining lamp and light his way to wisdom." Criston stepped forward the crown in hand but Snow nudged him out of the way. 

"YOu dont mind." Snow assured Criston and Aemond smirked nodding. "Wonderful." Snow agreed. "This is the crown of the Conqueror, passed down through generations." Snow spoke as Aemond knelt, he looked to Snow as she held his crown for him. 'I like you on your knees." She realized and Aemond's face flushed crimson. She was already his queen, now he was hopeful that the world would see it too. ''Let the Seven bear witness: Aemond Targaryen is the true heir to the Iron Throne." Snow declared proudly as she put the crown on Aemond's head. He rose up and looked to his family. They bowed and curtsied to him, he looked to Alicent and Helaena but he reached out for Snow. She stepped towards him.

''All hail His Grace, Aemond, first of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.""

"Long live King Aemond!" Snow shouted before kissing him, he held her to him. 

"Long live, long live, long live!" The people chanted out for Aemond. 

"Give the people what they want." Snow suggested pulling back and he pulled his sword free and held it up. They cheered out for their king. 

Aemond stayed their in the pits staring up at the cave walls, smiles on their faces until it was cleared out. Just the two of them and Criston waiting at a distance at the door. He wasnt about to leave the king unattended out here. Aemond sat up kissing Snow and she pulled him closer. 

"What can I do for you, my king?" Snow purred. Aemond pulled away from her looking her over and he had never been more confident, never wanted anything more than he wanted Snow Stark. 

"Snow, I want you to be my queen." Aemond remarked and Snow stared back at him in awe. "Will you marry me?" 

Snow honestly did consider it but she closed the distance between them and gave him a small kiss. 

"No." She answered gently. 

"No?" Aemond countered. He didnt expect that. 

"I had a marvelous time ruining everything with you Aemond." Snow declared. 

"Me too." Aemond agreed softly. 

"But I need to go home, to winterfell. I'm a stark and I missed out on too much already with my brother." Snow reminded him. 

"I understand." Aemond whispered back nodding slowly. 

"I... I do like you Aemond but I have to figure out who I am now that I'm not..."

"I understand." Aemond repeated. 

"Hey you are the king and have a dragon, I will be just a flight away." Snow reminded him. 

"Just one flight away." He agreed. "What do I do if I need my princess charming?" 

"Raven me, I will come back. You are my true love after all..."

"True loves kiss can't fix my lonely heart if you leave." Aemond countered. 

"Kiss me anyways, my King."