2. Simple as That

'It's only been half a year since my mother died, and already they tried to marry my father off and replace me as heir. I know those men and how they plot in their secret councils when I've been sent away.' Rhaenyra muttered.

"You cannot worry at the matters of lords and kings, Rhaenyra." Alicent reminded her, hesitantly she kept going. "What if your father were to remarry?" Rhaenyra stared at her disgusted by the thought. 'Your father loves you. He chose you for his heir."

"He didn't choose me. He spurns Daemon." Rhaenyra corrected.

"Kneel with me. I find this is a way to be with my mother. Here in the quiet of the Sept... I feel close to her. I know it sounds foolish." Alicent remarked.

"I don't think it's foolish." Rhaenyra told her and Alicent looked at her in disbelief. "I don't." she confirmed.

"Good... because I thought you might try. I... If not for me, then, perhaps for them." and Rhaenyra let out a long sigh.

"What do I say?" Rhaenyra pondered.

"Whatever you wish. It's only for you and the gods to know." Alicent reminded her.

"I want him to see me as more than his little girl." Rhaenyra admitted.

"Mine own father does not know the language of girls either." Alicent informed her making Rhaenyra chuckle.

'When I wish to talk with him... I know that I must make the effort."

+

Daemon kissed snow again and again. The kiss was rough, passionate, both of them getting lost in each others touch. Snow ran her fingers through his silver hair. A stark contrast to her black locks.

"I love you." She breathed once they pulled away.

Daemon smiled back at her then crashed his lips onto her. His hand instantly went to her waist. She couldn't get enough of him.

If she had it her way, she'd want all of him right there right now and Daemon thought the same. But snow had something she wanted to ask him before their clothes ended up on the floor again.

Taking control, he pushed her gently back up against a wall, one hand now placed on her neck, caressing her skin, it sent shivers through her skin as she leaned into him touch.

"Daemon I wanted to talk to you about something-" Snow whispered as Daemon kissed along her neck. He mumbled into her.

"Can it wait?"

+

'Your Grace.' Corlys said as he approached Viserys.

'I'm glad we could meet. I know tempers ran hot today, and I wanted to assure you how much I value the bond between our houses. Rhaenys is my favorite cousin after all.' Viserys told him.

"I wish to apologize for the tenor at the Small Council today, Your Grace. It was not my intent to make offense." Corlys assured.

"Your fleet is one of the realm's most important assets, Lord Corlys. But you must understand, as King, it is my obligation to avoid war until such time it is unavoidable." Viserys reminded him.

'None among us desire open war." Corlys agreed. "Might I speak plainly, Your Grace?" Corlys questioned hesitantly.

"I always welcome the unfettered thoughts of my council." Viserys agreed.

"I fear that the eyes of our enemies are presently fixed on the Red Keep. The Queen has passed. A girl has been named heir to the Iron Throne, the first in its history. The King's brother, so disinherited, has claimed the Targaryen seat on Dragonstone without challenge. And now, a foreign power has established a colony in our most critical shipping lane." Corlys remarked.

"You paint such an aspirant portrait of my reign, Lord Corlys." Viserys said trying to keep his tone light and not bitter.

"It is an honest one, cousin. At the moment, The Crown is perceived as being vulnerable." Corlys told him

"And a blind incursion in the Stepstones is the only way to demonstrate that we are not?" Viserys countered.

"To elude a storm, you can either sail into it or around it. But you must never await its coming." Corlys told him.

"Do you have a specific course of action to propose, my lord?" Viserys questioned.

"Join our families. Wed our daughter, Laena." Corlys told him and Viserys face pinched. "Unite the two great surviving Valyrian houses. With the Targaryen dragons and the Velaryon fleet bound in blood, you can show the realm that The Crown's strongest days are ahead... not behind." Viserys couldn't look at him he turned the room, trying to maintain his composure.

"I must admit... I haven't given marriage much thought. It hasn't even been half a year since Aemma passed." Viserys reminded him.

" The realm expects you to take a new wife soon or late, Your Grace, to strengthen your line and produce more heirs. You could not ask for a stronger match than Laena." Corlys reminded him. Or a younger match, Viserys thought.

"Come on Dae just him you know he will agree. He loves me. Im lovable!" Snow declared.

"He loves you a little too much" he agreed.

"Nonsense he loves me because I'm wonderful not because he wants me." snow assured. "Get your union annulled and we can be together for real we dont have to hide. It is as simple as that don't you want me? I want you." Snow declared but daemon took a step back unable to meet her gaze. "Why are you being so hesitant?" Snow pushed.

"Because I'm scared of what commitment means." he admitted. "I'm not so good at marriage." he reminded her. "I like what we are right now."

"You dont like marriage with her. Marriage with me is different."

"Snow-"

"That was with her but Daemon this would be with me." she corrected "you know marriage with me could be grand... marriage with someone you truly love... Unless you don't actually wanna marry me." Snow realized taking a step back.

"I do I do" he declared reaching out for her "I swear I do-"

"Then why are you being like this?"