17. Run While You Can

''Was I on your mind when she was on her knees?" Snow pondered when Daemon found her. 

"Snow when did you wake up?" Daemon questioned. 

"Aemond woke me up." Snow answered. "Just this moon. Lucky me, I got to say good bye to you." 

"Are you going somewhere?" Daemon countered. 

"Nope." She answered smugly. 

"Snow-"

"Aemond, true loves kiss. It didnt work on you because you didnt love me like that apparently but a stranger had that true love in him-"

"YOu can't believe that bullshit." Daemon countered. 

"I didnt but I like Aemond. I like him a lot." Snow countered. "I like that he puts me first and doesnt just care about himself and his goals, I like that he doesnt want to keep me hidden." 

"You are over reacting, come on Snow we can have our happily ever after-" Daemon reached for her. 

"You cant imagine the type of pain and anger that builds while under a dark curse." Snow remarked getting closer to Daemon. "It messes with a persons mind." 

"Snow-"

"You and me, this wouldnt have happened if you would have just been a good guy and married me like you claimed you wanted to. I would have married you Daemon. But that was then." 

"You were going to marry Viserys!" Daemon countered. 

"Only when I realized that you were never going to comit to me." Snow countered. "I was only ever going ot be your fuck buddy." 

"Thats not true." Daemon countered. 

"And yet you married twice since then. Twice!" Snow shouted. "Had kids too, I always wanted kids but you wanted the crown. You honestly think you are going to get it too dont you?" 

"I am married to the heir." 

"I see." Snow nodded along. "You are still a narcissist." Snow decided. "You married her for her future crown. To bad you will never get to sit that throne and call it yours." 

+

With Daemon's blood still on her hands she moved to Aemonds chambers, he stared back at her as she pushed open the door. 

"Are you okay?" Aemond whispered holding onto her. She saw the worry on his face as he wiped her hand of blood looking her over.  But Snow also saw was the man that showed her what it meant to be alive, to be loved, to be accepted as she was.

He was perfect, and he was hers. He turned violet eyes to her own green ones and held her in his arms.

"I completed my revenge." Snow whispered as she wrapped her legs around his waist and buried her head in his neck. She knew she should go home to winterfell now, that Cregan needed her but she wanted to stay. But if she left hopefully wouldnt be too long but she missed him already, the security that was him and he'd shown up as if he knew she needed his arms around her right then. Rough fingers dug into her long hair, fisting the strands to pull her back to look at her clearly.

"Then we should celebrate." Aemond agreed, his deep rumble contradicted the light that always sparked behind his eyes with every smile, a smile reserved  just for her.

"Love me." She requested and practically sighed. Then his lips were on hers, familiar, filthy, and new all at once. One of the things she loved about Aemond was his ability to make even the things they had done a million times feel brand new.

With him, Snow had no doubt that every kiss would be just as exciting and thrilling as the first. That he wanted her and only her. Because unlike when they were first introduced and the dwarves were holding him down and she was waking up from a 20 year nap, she thought she might just love him, she didnt want to imagine life without him. He walked, backing them toward the chamber until he could rest her on the table. She lost herself, mentally plotting the best way to get them both naked, when he pulled back, brushing his thumb tenderly along her lips.

She basked under his gentle touch. As much as she loved having him inside her, she also loved the caress of was loving gaze on her skin, his stare so intense it grew to a physical burn, setting her on fire everywhere it touched.

"When they come for Daemon... I will protect you. You dont need to worry, I will keep you safe." he offered and she loved that he was trying to protect her.

"Save yourself." Snow teased and he huffed a laugh, one side of his mouth ticking up along with his brow. "Run while you can, Aemond. I'm trouble." 

"The very best kind." Aemond assured. She held him tighter trying to ease the crushing weight around her heart. "I love you snow." he whispered, nuzzling his nose against her and she believed him.