CHAPTER 2: LIFE OF A PRINCE

Start from the beginning

" Being lost is not something wrong. You can be lost. " 

" Because you can find me? " 

" Not because I can find you. It's because I trust you that you'll find the way back to me. " 

" You trust me, Mother? " 

" More than I trust myself. " 

" Mother! What if I can't master magic? " The 6-year-old looked up at his mother with a pair of puppy eyes. 

" Puppy cake, you're the heir of our kingdom and the only crowned Prince of both the universe. It's okay if you fail, " she said softly kissing his knuckles.

" Will I do it? "

" Believe in yourself, cupcake. You'll do it like how your mother always does. " she softly smiled flicking a finger which brought down a shower of rain right at the moment, showering the Prince, who immediately giggled in joy.  

" Mother! What is love? " The 7-year-old asked his mother when she opened a book about herbs. 

" Love... How come my little Prince got to know about love? " 

" I apologise for peeking at the garden when you weren't here, Mother. " 

" That's fine, Darling. Tell me what it is. " 

" I saw Lady Victoria picking out flowers for her husband. She said that she loves him. " 

" Hmm... Love is a beautiful feeling that comes from here. " she pointed towards his heart. 

" Here? How? " 

" That is love. It can be anything, muffin. It differs with every person you see. You love me because I'm your mother, " 

" Yes! I love my mother! " 

" Yup. Now listen. You love flowers because they smell nice, you love Lady Victoria because she cooks for you, you love your toys because you love playing with them, and you love mornings because you can play. " 

" Whatever we like is love then? " 

" Kind of, and you know what? Everything has light and equal dark sides. Since you learnt about the light side of love you should get to know about the darker side as well. " 

" Does it have a darker side? " 

" Of course. Love is not only beautiful but also dangerous. " 

" How, Mother? "

" See, you love Lady Victoria, but she's just doing her job as she's destined to. Who you love shouldn't be forced to love you back even if you want them to. " 

" But...but why can't they love me like I do? "  

" Because that's their own desire to do. If they love you then they'll do too. If not, you should accept the truth. This is the darker side of love. The lighter side is the way you love them and the darker side implies the way they treat you by your love. " 

" Is this love dangerous? " 

" Not exactly, Jellybean. I'll tell you one thing, listen carefully. Once upon a time, you remember the Gods who created us, do you? So, the lovely mother of all was creating something beautiful for all the living to feel, so that they could enjoy their life with their destined pair. The feel was called love and it bounded two with one another. But her husband, the God of Power thought that her creation had no spices in it. He created the same love but not for joy but for sorrow and malice, without his wife knowing, "

" Ahh! " 

" But the Goddesses found his trick and Mother of all was enraged. Then the great Enchantress came up with a solution. She suggested both the creations be planted in one living and let the living choose what he or she wants. He or she must fight to choose one and always fight to get the right one. Some willingly chose the joyous love but many went after the malice, "