Chapter One: The Fall

Start from the beginning

"What? Is everything alright?" I asked her worried. She pulled me into her room and sat me on her bed.

I was in her room almost everyday, usually reading stories about pirates, and if not reading, talking or writing. My passion was writing, though I was completely horrible with it.

"You've got to cover for me. I don't want to go to James's ceremony tomorrow. He wants to propose to me! You know I can't refuse him! Isabelle, what should I do?" Elizabeth pleaded me with her beautiful brown eyes.

I looked like her, but not half as pretty. I had similar brown eyes, though darker, and the same color hair. I was roughly the same height has her, even though she was two years older. The only main difference in our appearance was that my skin was tanner than hers after working the grounds with Will.

"I don't know Elizabeth... You could fake you're fatally ill, but then I suppose you'd need a doctor and he'd be suspicious if you heal up so quickly." I thought for a second and frowned slightly.

"Wouldn't James ask you anyway, even if you weren't to go to his ceremony?" I asked Elizabeth. She stayed quiet for a little and ultimately groaned, flinging herself onto her bed.

"Where did you go today?" she asked, trying to move past the subject.

"Nowhere far. Just to Will's."

'Doesn't he have a little crush on you?" I almost burst out laughing. She sat up, eyeing me curiously.

"Yes, Elizabeth. It's me that he likes." I said and walked to my room, leaving a confused Elizabeth behind me.

***

I bolt straight up from bed as my father's knocking woke me.

"Isabelle? Are you decent?" My father asked behind the door. I grab a robe and put it on.

"Yes father. You may come in!"

My father came in with Annabeth, my personal maid. She opened the windows, and the fresh breeze came, opening my senses to my room.

"Isabelle, here you go - for being a wonderful daughter." my father said and handed me a large box with a lovely bow on top.

"Oh father, you shouldn't have!" I exclaimed after I opened the box. Inside lay a beautiful light pink dress with exotic designs and lace.

"Thank you!" I said and ran to try it on with Annabeth following.

"I was hoping you'd wear it today for James Norrington's ceremony. You'd look dashing alongside your sister." I groaned as Annabeth put on my corset.

"You didn't forget, did you?" My father asked.

"No, how could I forget? Most important day." I said. Father chuckled, leaving the door.

I headed downstairs dressed to where Will was standing with my father. He was holding a long rectangular box, which I presumed held James's new sword.

"Will!" I said, heading downstairs more quicker.

"Good morning, Isabelle! How do you-" he was caught off and deepened his stare. I turned around and saw Elizabeth coming down the stairs, a few steps behind me.

Her natural beauty shined past the dress. No wonder Will fancied her.

"Will! So good to see you again. I had a dream about you last night. About the day we first met. Do you remember?" she said when she reached the bottom of the staircase with me by her side. I laughed.

I had a dream about you last night? So classical, so Elizabeth.

"Of course I remember. How could I forget, Miss. Swann?" Will said.

"How many times should I tell you to call me Elizabeth?"

"At least once more, Miss. Swann." He exclaimed. Elizabeth was about to say something when Father announced it was time to go.

"Goodbye, Mr. Turner." Elizabeth said and left. I smiled to Will softly.

***

After the ceremony was done with, I tried to find Elizabeth but found her being carried away by Norrington.

I hope this was all just a rumor.

Looking around, I sighed. Port Royal was a bore. There wasn't much to except people watch, and quite honestly, that was better done not at Fort Charles.

A quick peek outside couldn't hurt. I quickly ran out of Fort Charles and onto the port.

Immediately, I saw majestic ships all around me and three men arguing about something in the dock were the Interceptor was.

I crept in closer.

Two of them were from the Royal Navy, while one was... somebody else. I deepened my look. He had long hair - dreadlocks I think - and he had beautiful brown eyes = deep and warm.

He was wearing interesting clothing, with a sword sheaf and a pistol handing from his belt.

He was interesting.

"I've heard of one," the man said.

"It's supposed to be very fast, nigh uncatchable. The Black Pearl." The Black Pearl? Yes. I think I've heard of it.

"The Black Pearl is a real ship." one of the guards said and they started bickering of about some ship and it's crew and captain.

What they didn't notice was that the man had walked into the ship and was steering the helm.

"HEY! YOU! GET OFF THE BOAT!" the guards yelled as they realized he was missing.

Seeing that nobody was standing guard, I crept onto the ship watching from the main deck.

"What's your name?" the guard asked, pointing a harpoon at the man's neck.

"Smith, or Smithy if you like."

"What's your purpose here in Port Royal then, Mr. Smith?"

"Yeah. And no lies."

"Well, then I must confess." Mr. Smithy said and went on how he wanted to steal the ship and get a crew in Tortuga.

"I said no lies."

"I think he's telling the truth."

"If he were telling the truth, he wouldn't have told us." the guard said. The man said something smart, because of the look on the guards faces, but I didn't hear it because I turned and looked at the cliff where Fort Charles was.

A lady was falling off the cliff. That lady was my sister.

If you like Batman/Joker, please don't hesitate to check out my new story, Emmeline! It would mean a lot to me!