10: Unicron

"Optimus, are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked the Prime. "Bringing him here seems like an insane risk!"

"Megatron is the only one who can lead us to Unicron's core." Optimus said.

"Fine. But if he so much looks at anyone funny, I will put him down." I snarled. As if on queue, the warmongering mech stepped through the groundbrige, his once crimson optics a sickly violet. I grimaced at the sight of him, and I could feel the other autobots become stiff. I drew my halberd and shielded the others as he stepped closer.

"Stand aside Y/D." He said. I growled at him, my audials pinned back. Optimus placed a servo on my shoulder.

"Stand down, Valkyrie." Optimus said. I huffed and complied, still glaring at the warlord. I watched as he and Optimus spoke to each other, my optics carefully watching for sudden movements from the warlord. A temporary truce was formed, on one condition.

"Y/D will come with us to Unicron's spark." Megatron said.

"Excuse me?" I snapped.

"Valkryrie, we may need your experience with handling these kinds of energies. I believe the Sunshard you possess will help act as a shield against the Dark Energon." Optimus said. I hesitated, placing a servo over my spark.

'Do not be afraid.' I heard Ragnarök say. 'The Prime understands what you are. I will guide your steps like I did when you were captured.'

'I still don't understand.'

'You will soon. when Unicron has been dealt  with, you must travel to Vector Sigma and find the Oracle. All of your questions will be answered there.'

"Valkryrie?" Optimus's voice interrupted, snapping me out of my mind. I looked up at the bots who had been staring at me.

"Fine, I will follow." I said. "But if you so much as step out of line Megatron, I won't hesitate to put you down like an Insecticon."

"A fair answer." Megatron said with a smirk. I followed the two through the ground bridge and stuck by Optimus's side as we battled our way to Unicron's very core. It was odd witnessing the ex-gladiator and the Prime work together. The way they tag teamed and fired on the creations of Unicron like a pair of deadly dancers was oddly beautiful.

The three of us eventually made it to the brilliant pulsing spark of Unicron.

'Brace yourself!' I heard Ragnarök warn. I gripped my halberd and surrendered to the beast, it's brilliant form erupting from my chassis like some sort of spirit. My optics widened, and my frame was stiff.

"By the Allspark." Optimus gasped. Megatron looked at my stiff frame and dull optics.

"Prime, whatever it is you plan on doing, do it quickly!" Ragnarök said. "Valkyrie can not maintain my presence in this form for long! I shall shield you." Ragnarök spread its wings and encased us in a brilliant golden light. I watched as Optimus opened his chassis and used the power of the Matrix to banish Unicron's spark. Ragnarök and I fused together once again, everything spinning, and I felt exhausted. I stumbled weakly and collapsed. The last thing I saw was Optimus running with Megatron. Then I remembered no more.

I awoke back at the base, Ratchet holding my servo with worried optics. I turned my helm to him, watching his face as he sighed with relief.

"Hey." I said weakly.

"Hello there." Ratchet said, helping me sit up. "I was afraid I had lost you."

"I'm tougher than I look." I chuckled. Then I remembered what happened. "Optimus! Megatron has him!"

"I know, and I'm afraid he doesn't remember who he is either." Ratchet said sadly.

"What?"

"Optimus sacrificed the Matrix of Leadership to banish Unicron. He has reverted to his pre-Prime state as Orion Pax."

"Wait, Optimus is Orion?" I said in disbelief. Ratchet only looked at me with confusion. "When I was in the Pits and Megatron was Megatronus, he would speak about the archivist named Orion. I never met him in person, though."

"Yes, Optimus and Orion Pax are one in the same."

"That explains a lot, but if Optimus is now Orion..." I paused in deep thought.

"Megatron will use his naive nature for his own uses. Although I know in my spark he would NEVER truly be a Decepticon."

"I agree. But what are we to do?" The sounds of small footsteps approached us. I looked down to the three children.

"Optimus gave me this before he left." Jack said, holding up something. My optics widened in pure surprise.

"Is... is that what I think it is?" I exclaimed.

"It is Valkyrie, Optimus has given Jack the key to Vector Sigma." Ratchet said.

"Then we must work quickly. If we are to restore Optimus to his former self, we need to get to Cybertron."

"News flash, we don't have a space bridge." Arcee said.

"We may not have one, but there is a mech who may know of one." I said, standing up. "Where is Starscream?"

"Last I heard, he was hiding out in the wreckage of the Harbinger." Bulkhead said. "But what are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking I need to pay a visit to an ex."

"You're not seriously going alone?!" Ratchet exclaimed.

"It would be safer that way. I know Starscream and there if there is one thing that gets him going and spilling his every secret." I said, reaching into my subspace and grabbing my secret stash of high-grade energon. "It's this."

"You just casually carry that around?" Arcee asked in disbelief.

"Eh, kinda forgot it was in there. This stuff is special, though." I said, pointing to the beautiful and intricately designed lable. "This is possibly the last bottle Vos made high-grade. If he doesn't trade a secret for this, then he's clearly got a bug in his processor."

"Wait, so you're going to bribe him?" Ratchet asked.

"Yep."

"But what if -" I placed the high-grade back into my subspace and grabbed Ratchet's face in between my servos.

"I know you are worried, love, but I will be okay." I said softly, kissing the spot between his optics.

"You know I worry because I love you. I don't want you to get hurt." Ratchet said softly.

"If you don't hear back from me in an hour, come find me."

"Ugh, just go already! Watching you two is like reading a poorly written x Reader fanfiction!" Miko exclaimed, fake gagging.

"A what now?" I asked in confusion before shaking my helm. "Never mind, just set the ground bridge coordinants and come find me if I don't report back in an hour."

------------

A/n Dare I break the fourth wall? Yes, I do.