Chapter 31

[third person pov]

After the incident that occurred with the former pro hero bright fighter, Killua was no longer allowed to work with Aizawa during internships, instead he was quickly sent over to a different internship that was kind enough to allow the boy in late.

In the end, Killua ended up being on some stupid patrol job duty in Hosu city. Why should he have been in trouble anyway? He got the villain apprehended, that should be applauded should it not? Then again, in their eyes, he's quirkless, and doesn't even have a Hero licence.

Killua wasn't too happy about going so far off without being able to help out at the last brew barista, but before he left, he had asked Hua to fill in for him, to make sure Aya didn't make too much of a mess of the place while he was gone.

So now here he was, an angry albino making his way down the dark streets of Hosu city with some random low rank hero. Some internship that was, this is extremely unfair, why get sent to another city when he could be searching for his sister with his teacher?

"Hey old man, got any more exciting jobs to do?" Killua groaned, walking with his hands behind his head. The pro he was currently with only sighed, shaking his head, causing the boy to slouch over.

"I'm afraid not boy, just try to survive with the boredom for a little while longer?" The hero wasn't anyone extraordinary, just some basic adult in a costume, same as the rest. This isn't fair at all. Why should he have to sit on the sidelines when he was finally getting somewhere. So close to finding them, yet still so far, it's just so infuriating.

"Do we have to stay out all night?" Killua grumbled, picking up the pace where he stepped, to keep up with the taller man and his lanky ass legs.

"We have to stay until our shift is over" didn't answer the question. After the insufferable boredom became too much, and Killua began to run out of chocolate robo's, he decided it was time to stray from the patrol route.

Without even a hint of suspicion, the smaller boy easily avoided being caught by the hero guarding him, and quickly ran off. At least this way he could do what he wanted without the aspect of a pro hero watching his every move, creepy.

Killua hummed to himself as he walked alone, if it wasn't for the large fire off in the distance, he probably would have assumed it was snowing, instead of watching the flakes of ash fall.

Civilians were running back and forth around the chaos, Killua quickly pinpointed the fire as he saw Endeavour, along with Shoto fighting what seemed to be another type of nomu, like the one from the usj? Killua perked up only slightly, chaos was better than silence if they were on patrol, at least in his opinion.

"Killua? What are you doing here?" Shoto spoke up, running over with his phone in hand. Killua paused, glancing down at his phone and seeing a location message. He ignored it for the meantime, glancing back up at Shoto.

"I got sent here for internships, same as you." Killua placed his hands on his hips, proudly stating. He gained no reaction from the duel haired boy. Instead Shoto seemed more focused on something else entirely.

"I need you to come with me. I think our classmate is in trouble" the taller boy spoke in his usual monotone voice, Killua quickly dropped his shoulders, not exactly eager to see more of his classmates. Despite this, Killua agreed nonetheless.

"Alright. You have the location?" Shoto nodded. "Great, then let's go" Killua flashed a smile as both he and shoto turned on their heels to run. Killua stayed just behind the other boy so he would be able to tell where he was needing to go.

It wasn't that hard to pinpoint the rest once they got close enough, the shouting coming from distant alleys was a dead giveaway. Killua turned the corner, Shoto already throwing in an ice attack right off the bat.