in the zone!!

Oh~? Now even the Hawk Eye of Shutoku's Takao or your spider's web could stop him, Hanamiya," a thin glare observed the court as the rest of his teammates from Kirisaki Dai Ichi stood at the balcony. Having been curious on Seirin's match with Tōō, they had marked their spot away from the audience to watch the game. Seto placed his hands in his pockets as he watched the grin on Imayoshi stretch as he marked Kuroko. "It can't be stopped through spirit. What is he thinking?"

Releasing a laugh under his breath, Hanamiya's lips stretched at the corners. "How would I know? He is the right person for the job, though." The Kirisaki captain narrowed his eyes, seeing Tōō's captain move left and right, not letting the phantom player escape his sights. "No one's character is worse than his."

"I don't really know him, but are you one to talk?" questioned Seto as he lifted an eyebrow.

"But he can do it," chuckled Hanamiya.

"You senior is amazing," Yamazaki whispered as he came to stand beside his captain. "Maybe he is actually smarter than you."

Hanamiya's eyebrows furrowed as he heard the comment. Memories flickered back in his mind the times he spent with Imayoshi during his middle school days. "I don't know how smart he is. I just wouldn't want to play poker or anything like it with him."

Yamazaki blinked; confused. "Huh?"

"He reads his opponents thoughts by observing their expressions and actions," the smirk on Hanamiya's lips widened. "He is a monster when it comes to reading minds. He is partially psychic. When it comes to doing things people hat, no one can beat him."

Shun watched every move Imayoshi made in stopping Kuroko from passing him. He had never seen this before! He was stunned to say the least. With the ball in his hands, he could not pass it to the phantom player for another pass. 'Kuroko's passes have been stopped before, but we still managed to break through with passes and drives.' His eyes caught the tired expression on Kuroko's face. No doubt he was running low in fuel. 'But this time, it's different. His misdirection isn't working.'

Watching from the bench, Kagome gripped the clipboard to her side. Although she had predicted someone to completely shut down the phantom player, she did not think it would be this tough to pass them. No doubt Momoi had predicted this. 'They are completely shutting Kuroko-kun down. In order to have Kuroko-kun's next move work, Imayoshi-san needs to let him pass.'

"Don't be so hard on me," spoke Imayoshi, catching Kuroko's attention. "Let's be friends."

"A normal player shouldn't be able to detect Kuroko-kun's faze when he is undetectable," whispered Riko, seeing the focus on Imayoshi's eyes.

Taking the risk, Shun passed the ball over to the phantom player only for the Tōō captain to come in between and catch the ball himself. Imayoshi soon made his way forward as he dribbled the ball and took his aim at the hoop even with Shun trying to stop him.

Shun's eyes widened the moment Imayoshi took his jump. 'A three!?'

Eyes followed the arc of the ball and watched it fall into the basket smoothly. Since when did Tōō's captain make three pointers?! Annoyed, Shun quickly caught the ball back into their team's side and passed it over to Hyuga.

"Hyuga!" he shouted.

The Seirin captain caught between his hands and turned around to see Ryo once again blocking his way. Clenching his teeth together, he narrowed his eyes. 'I'll return the favor. Take this!' Hyuga slid back for his shot, only to curse under his breath the moment Ryo was able to meet his person.

"The Barrier Jumper was stopped!" exclaimed Tsuchida, seeing Hyuga's frozen.

"Did he predict it?!" questioned Koganei.