weakness

Kagome watched silently with the rest of the team as Kagami and Kise took half the court to play their one-on-one. Her eyes widen a tiny bit as she quickly took notice of the way Kise's eyes fooled the tiger in the direction he intended to go. 'Baka…watching an opponent's eyes is always important, but you should look at their feet too.' The miko shook her mental thoughts: 'What the heck? Am I seriously thinking this over like Inuyasha use to fight? Ugh…they are human, Kagome! Human!'

Riko gasped lowly, watching as Kise copied on of Kagami's moves and quickly jumped upwards to dunk the ball. Kagome blinked: "Did…he just copy Kagami's way of dunking?"

Riko nodded slightly: "It isn't simple imitation…"

Kagami jumped after him, extending his arm upwards to block the ball on for Kise's dunk to push him off his balance and score. The tiger fell to the ground, his eyes tightening as he watched the smug look of the blonde's face.

Kagome was speechless to say the least to the few seconds of game play that she was demonstrated with. She never knew such people had talent and strength for a simple sport. Human nonetheless. "This is…the Generation of Miracles," she whispered. "You sure have some interesting friends, Kuroko-kun."

"I don't know that person," he replied, his eyes focused on the blonde player. "To be honest, I may have underestimated him until just now. It's only been a few months since I left them, but the Generation of Miracles has improved far more quickly than I expected."

Kagome returned her attention back to the two boys, watching as Kagami grunted onto his legs. Kise scratched the back of his head: "I don't know about this. After something so disappointing, I can't just leave now."

'Disappointing?' blinked Kagome. 'Is that an insult?'

Kise's footsteps made their way towards the phantom player, smirking as he did. "Give us Kurokocchi." He stopped in front of the male as he placed his hands inside his pockets. "Come join us. Let's play basketball together again."

The team's eyes widened by his words of persuading the player onto his team. The miko slowly looked over to the silent phantom player: 'Is…he being serious?'

"I seriously respect you, Kurokocchi," smiled Kise. "It's a waste of your talent to stay here. What do you say?"

The miko's eyes scrunched at his words only to place her hand on Kuroko's shoulder, catching both his and Kise's attention. She sent the blonde a smile: "Gomen, but Kuroko-kun can't leave. You see, because of him, I became part of this club and he made a promise to Kagami-kun and I to work together to become the best team in Japan."

Kuroko's lips curved into a small smile upon hearing her words. If anything, it seemed the girl was already getting attached to them and the team. Turning his head back to Kise, he parted his lips to speak.

"I am honored to hear you say that. I must respectfully decline your offer."

"T-That doesn't make any sense!" exclaimed Kise, surprised that the girl and even his longtime friend were both on the same page. "Besides, this isn't like you. Winning was everything! Why didn't you go somewhere better?"

"My thinking has changed since then," he replied back. "More importantly, just as Kagome-chan said, I made her and Kagami-kun a promise. One that I intend to keep. We will beat the Generation of Miracles together."

Kise's eyebrows furrowed: "It really isn't like you to joke around like that."

Kagami laughed behind the blonde, smirking as everyone's attention was drawn towards the grinning tiger. "Oi," called Kagami, "Kagome, Kuroko, stop stealing the words I was going to say."