koga comes

Kagome's eyes narrowed as she stood beside the coach, watching Imayoshi quickly pass the ball over to Wakamatsu who then ran over to the hoop. Worries screamed within her as she watched the match. It was only a matter of time before Aomine or Kagami got the ball and those two would be at it again.

Looking over her shoulder, she could see the tight focus the phantom player held on the bench. His keen observation was just like hers. Mostly watching Aomine and Kagami knowing that at the end of the match…only one would become victorious.

An invisible sigh passed the miko's lips before returning her eyes on the court. 'I hope subbing Kuroko-kun was the right choice. I know how much he wants to play to prove Aomine-kun wrong…but Riko-senpai choice is something we must trust.. We can't overuse his misdirection.'

"Oh? They subbed the shorter guy?"

Both Kise and Midorima turned their attentions over to the older male, seeing the slight smirk on his lips. Adjusting his glasses once again, Midorima lowered his fingers: "it can't be helped, but they can't afford to sub Kuroko out."

"Kuroko, huh? Is that his name?" questioned Koga. "Interesting. Looks like you two are familiar with him."

"We were on the same team during middle school," chuckled Kise. "He is the phantom player and was a big help to the Generation of Miracles."

"Is that so?" Koga's eyebrow rose before setting his eyes on the miko. 'Such a small world. Who knew I would see Kagome again and under these circumstances. But…as much as I would like her team to win, my eyes don't lie. Tōō Academy is at another league. Seirin still needs to train more if they want to be at their level.'

"I don't believe they can endure this," he spoke, catching both teens by surprise at his words.

"Eh?" blinked Kise. "What do you mean, Koga-san?"

"I can see the potential in Seirin, but Tōō is more advanced in technique than they are," Koga released a sigh. "Saddens me to say it, but Seirin is going to lose this game. Oh how it will hurt me to see the pain in Kagome's eyes after this."

Midorima's eyes narrowed, already catching on that perhaps this man did know Kagome. He had mentioned knowing her for many years…but what was their connection? Kagome knew someone so high up in profession? They were lucky enough to even see him in person.

"How do you know Kagome?" he questioned with a glare.

"Hm?" Koga's eyes glided to the corner, seeing both of their attentions on him. With a simple grin, he returned his attention over to the game. "Let's just say Kagome and I have a past. I owe her a lot."

Kise blinked again, quite curious on the whole thing. Not only did they have a game to watch, but he could not help but want to ask more on how someone so famous knew Kagome. Why had Kagome not mentioned it before? She had said she was not familiar with basketball, yet she knew someone who was very familiar with almost all sports. All ears caught the sound of a basket being made by Tōō, making even Kise's eyes narrow with worry. 'Well…I will ask Kagomecchi later, but Koga-san already predicted this game. Could he be right? Would Seirin lose? Playing against Aominecchi without Kurokocchi is too hard. But…when I consider the rate of his growth, I get the feeling something is going to happen…Kagamicchi.'

Aomine caught the ball in one hand after seeing Ryo trapped by Mitobe's movements. With a smirk, he watched with amusement as the tiger appeared in front of him with a glare to match his own. The miko's eyes narrowed, seeing the intensity being shared just between the two aces.

Riko sighed, crossing her arms: "it will be all him, not just now, but during the entire second half."

"I don't know how I feel about that…," she whispered back. "The ace of the Generation of Miracles and Seirin's ace who has a high jump…I can't help but be scared."