peaceful anger

Kasamatsu sighed, glaring from the corner of his eyes as the blonde basketball player walked beside him – annoyed. "You took so long buying a drink, the game has already started." A light punch was aimed over Kise's shoulder, watching as he stumbled a bit forward. "So much for promising Higurashi-san to be there on time, Kise."

"Ma, ma, she doesn't need to know we got a little late," chuckled Kise, scratching the back of his head as they made their way inside the balcony doors. "Besides, why the formal name? I don't think she would mind if you called her 'Kagome-chan'." A smile curved onto Kise's lips, soon meeting another slap behind his head.

"Uruse," Kasamatsu walked past him, placing his hands inside his pockets. "Unlike you, we all know we ask permission to call someone on a first name basis."

Kise's lips pouted, watching his captain walked forward onto the rim of the balcony. "I still don't think she would mind…," shaking his head, he met with the black haired captain and looked over to the court. Both their eyes widened at the scoreboard ahead. With six minutes left in the first quarter, they clearly saw that Seiho was ahead by twelve points while Seirin had not even scored once.

"W-What…?" stuttered Kise, quite shocked at the results.

"Oi, oi, seriously?" questioned Kasamatsu, surprised himself.

The blonde's eyes landed onto the Seirin bench, watching the miko as she gripped her knees in worry: "What is going on? How come Seirin hasn't even scored yet?"

Kasamatsu crossed his arms: "Seiho…must be that tough…"

"But it looked like Kagomecchi had discovered something or had a plan," Kise's eyes narrowed, watching the miko intently watch Kagami struggle with Tomoki. "Did it not work?"

"It probably isn't that," replied his captain. "Perhaps she did discover something, but as their manager, she cannot play for them. She simply sent the message to them…"

"So Seirin…has to put her advice into a strategy," finished Kise.

Kasamatsu nodded with a sigh: "This game…will definitely be tough. I thought so when we played them, but Seirin is a slow starter. Kagami is usually the one to put his foot on the gas, but without that, they can't hit their stride…"

Kagami cursed under his breath as he held the ball in his hands, watching the amusement in Tomoki's expression from being able to pressure him this much. 'Bastard. This guy's defense is at least as good as Kise's!'

"Kagami, you are holding the ball too long! Pass it!" Shun quickly made a run around the tiger and caught the ball in his hands, going forward for a shot to the hoop. Making a jump, the ball was quickly blocked and thrown away from his grasp. Shun's eyes widened, realizing Iwamura had been his blockage. 'I thought I was wide open. He appeared out of nowhere!'

"How naïve," whispered Iwamura, watching the shock on Shun's face. "Your offense will never crush our defense at that level."

Seirin ran back to defend their hoop, all realizing the defensive pressure Seiho was beginning to give them. Kagami caught the passed ball into his hand and dribbled in place, seeing from the corner of his eye as Tomoki blocked his passage behind him. 'Kuso!'

"Tsugawa, it's fine if you are excited, but don't wear yourself out before the second half!" shouted Omuro, smirking as he blocked Hyuga's own path.

"I'm fine!" smiled Tomoki. "They're not as good as I thought, so this should be easy!"

Kagami's eyes tightened, catching the guy's insult on the team. 'What did you say?!' He charged forward, bumping into Tomoki's shoulder and quickly stopped at the referee's whistle.