Chapter 32: Regrets

Start from the beginning

They shot into the sky.

Flame POV

They landed outside the infirmary and immediately darted inside. Wraith lay on a bed, covered in blood, claw marks, and bites. Cynder was rummaging around the room, obviously looking for red crystals.

Flame dashed over. "Cynder."

She spun around. "Guys!" she cried in relief. Then her face turned back to worry. "Wraith is seriously injured. I'm not sure how or why, but I know that I'm responsible." Her eyes filled with shame, and she looked down at her claws.

Spyro walked over and gently placed a wing on her shoulders, comforting her.

Flame started rummaging through the bins. Soon, he found what he was looking for. "Here!" he shouted as he held up a cluster of red crystals. He immediately brought them over, Spyro and Cynder at his side, and placed the crystals beside Wraith.

At first, nothing happened. Then the crystals began to lose their glow, and the cuts on Wraith's body started to close.

Cynder POV

Cynder knelt beside Wraith and placed a talon on his wrist. She could still feel his pulse. Then she turned her attention back to his chest as his wounds started to heal. Guilt flooded her. She was the one who had done this to him. She shook her head. She could apologize later. Right now, she needed to make sure Wraith was alright. She stood and looked down at his face. Please Wraith, she prayed silently. Please be okay.

Wraith POV

Wraith opened his eyes and glanced around. Once again, he was in the dreamscape, only this time it was in a library. He turned. Sure enough, there was Ignitus, reading some kind of floating book. Wraith checked himself over. No pain, no blood, no wounds. He was glad as heck that he couldn't feel the wounds here that he had had in the real world.

"Hi, Ignitus."

The Chronicler turned. He sighed with relief. "Ah, Wraith, I'm glad that you're alive."

Wraith rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and thanks for the heads up."

"How was I supposed to know what was going to happen? Events that you experience get mirrored in this book, so I can't read more than what you already know," Ignitus protested.

Wraith sighed. "Yeah, I know. Sorry."

"It's alright, young one. Now I have called you here to give you a warning. Malefor has returned."

Wraith stared. "How?"

Ignitus shrugged. "I'm not sure. I think that when you destroyed the crystal, you must have unleashed all the energy within it. Apparently, Malefor siphoned off that energy and used it to break out of his prison. He is currently raising an army to march on Warfang."

Wraith sighed. "Thanks for the warning and all, but I got a question for you. Did you know about the legend?"

Ignitus nodded. "I did, and when I pulled you from your world, I could sense some sort of energy within you that fit the description."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Wraith demanded.

Ignitus sighed. "Being the Chronicler, I couldn't tell you any information that you didn't already know."

"Then how come you told me about Malefor's return?" Wraith asked.

Ignitus sighed. "Can't you figure it out? You already know. Dragons are extremely tuned to major changes in this world, you most of all because of your past. Didn't you feel anything when the crystal exploded?"