Old And New Secrets

Geno held his breath while wrapping the bandages around Ink's injuries. This time they were really bad and he was having trouble getting the bleeding under control.

The artist gritted his teeth in pain, cursing under his breath. Geno mumbled a quick apology.

"Doesn't look good.." he mumbled, glancing around the medical tent for Reaper. The God of Death was nowhere to be seen. "Hold still," he ordered the artist.

Ink hissed, trying to pull his arm away. Geno frowned and continued holding the it tighter to make his job easier.

"I wish our Ringmaster was here.. He could do this better.." Geno voiced his thoughts. "Sorry.." he apologised as Ink winced again.

"It's my own fault.. I got myself injured like this. You're doing a good job," Ink answered, trying to hide the painful expression on his face.

"I can't even properly heal you because my magic's been acting off.." Geno admitted, looking down. Guilt and regret flashed in his eye lights.

"What do you mean?" Ink's eye lights switched to question marks and his browbones knitted together.

"Don't worry about it.." Geno brushed him off, laughing nervously. "It's nothing serious.." He refused to meet Ink's eye lights.

"Everything okay in here?" Reaper floated into the tent with a coffee in hand.

Geno stiffed, not turning around to look at his husband. "Mind taking over for a moment? I'm a bit exhausted on the moment.." he mumbled, looking down.

Reaper tipped his skull, concerned he asked: "Is something wrong?" He leaned against Geno, nuzzling their cheekbones together.

"Just feeling a bit under the weather.." Geno answered before slipping out of Reaper's arms and rushing through the door in the back without looking at the other two even once. Guilt coated his face, but they couldn't see it.

Once the door closed behind him, Geno leaned against it and slid down. He buried his skull in his hands.

His eyes shifted to little Goth, who was peacefully sleeping in his own cradle. He wrapped on of his arms around his middle, pulling his feet closer to his chest, keeping the other hand on his mouth to quiet out his sobs, trying not to wake up his baby.

How could he explain this to Reaper? He couldn't hide it forever and lying would only work for a while. He didn't want to hurt Reaper. And he really needed to speak with Dust..

Goth's quiet whining snapped him out of his thoughts and he was quick to rush to the small skeleton. Geno lifted the baby into his arms, trying to pull on a smile for the little one.

Goth leaned against his chest, seeming pleasantly surprised by feeling the soft ecto flesh instead of hard bone. Geno just pulled him close, holding back his tears.

This whole situation was his own fault, (and maybe Dust's as well) and he had to find a solution to it before it was too late.

-----

     The temperature outside had dropped drastically overnight. Cross was shivering when he walked through the snowy scenery.

Suddenly the coldness wasn't only in the air, but in his brain as well. He stiffed, immediately knowing who was walking behind him.

"Cross, it's rude to walk away when someone wants to speak to you," a familiar, smooth yet cold voice called out, making him stop dead in his tracks.

"Have you gotten the chance to meet 404 yet?" Nightmare asked as Cross turned around to face him. "Our technology guy," he added, studying Cross' behaviour.