Information

"Y'know, 's nice to be outta that place." Killer stretched his joints as he and Cross stepped out of the medical tent. Geno had finally released them. (He would have wanted to keep them even longer, but he knew that the Ringmaster would have gotten mad.)

"Now we hafta keep practisin'. Nightmare ain't gonna be happy if he learns that ya don't know a shit 'bout the shows tho we have a show in a few days. Ya won't be performin' yet, but ya hafta know what's goin' on," Killer rambled, fixing his knife belt. "Fresh outta hospital, the perfect time to do a lotta stuff, doncha agree?" he smirked.

Cross furrowed his browbones a bit, but he did agree. He wasn't used to taking it easy after being released from hospital. (There had never been time to take it easy.)

"Where are we headed to?" he inquired, taking a look around. He could identify some of the tents around them – he was slowly getting better at recognising the place.

"We're gonna go see Alter first 'cause I wanna leave ya with him durin' the show. He's the vendor 'n therefore has the most time to explain shit 'bout the show as ya watch it," Killer began to explain. Cross perked up at the mention of a new person.

"I woulda chosen to leave ya with Ink, but he's nowadays really stressed 'bout the shows. It really takes Blue a lotta to keep him somewhat calm." Suddenly Killer's emotions turned almost suffocating. Cross' breath hitched as the other's gaze darkened. Anger formed around him like storm clouds on the clear sky.

"He's been like that ever since Epic's death.."

Cross felt as if he had been punched in the gut. All the air was sucked from his non-existent lungs, and it wasn't – completely – because of Killer's emotions. It was because he knew the name, and that's why he had to force the words out of his mouth.

"What did you just say?"

Killer stiffed. The anger was quickly pushed back as he turned uneasy and a bit bothered. Cross could tell that Killer hadn't meant to bring that up.

"Nothin', don't think 'bout it–" He was cut off by Cross grabbing his shoulders and showing his back against a crate that was filled with who-knows-what. Killer froze, completely taken aback by this as Cross' hands lowered on the crate right next to Killer's hips.

"Did you say Epic?" Cross demanded an answer. He had to know.

"Y'know, I ain't supposed to speak 'bout it.." Killer answered, trailing off. Cross knew he had something in mind. "Ya see, we ain't supposed to let the past spill to the ears of who weren't there at the time. That's what Nightmare wants. But.." Killer stopped, his empty eye sockets slowly looking Cross up and down.

"I don't think you care much of the Ringmaster's will," Cross whispered into his ear.

"I ain't tellin' ya anythin' for free," Killer answer, a grin spreading on his face. "There's a price ya hafta pay if ya wanna hear somethin' from the past." His hand reached towards Cross' face, slowly caressing his cheekbone.

Cross glanced around them. It was early in the morning and clouds covered the sky, blocking out the sunlight. They were between two tents, but there was a perfect view if someone happened to walk past them.

Cross turned his eye lights back to Killer. "You better stay quiet," he warned before lifting the younger to sit on the crate.

"No promises," Killer chuckled, pulling Cross closer, "'n ya better not spill anythin' outside. We don't wanna make a mess, now do we?" he cooed teasingly before connecting their teeth and letting his ecto snap in place.

-----

       Cross stared at Killer, purple blush spread across his cheekbones. Killer didn't seem as bothered as he was, which kinda annoyed him.