Stolen Magic

For example...

On the second week of the third month, Phayu came to visit Rain again. This time he visited in the early morning and he called Rain's phone when he reached the window. "Rain! Open the window. I have something for you," he waved his hand holding a basket enthusiastically.

"So early?"

Rain was already used to Phayu's daily routine. If he can't come in the morning, he will come in the afternoon or at night. There were no days he will show his face to Rain. Rain remembers that time, when he ask Phayu why he visited every day, and the great Phayu, answered him, "For you to miss me when I'm not around."

Rain can't comprehend the meaning of those words so he treats them as one of Phayu's antiques.

When the window was open, half of Phayu's body went in and hand Rain the basket covered in white cloth, "what's this?" asked Rain.

"Open it."

The basket was cast with an anti-scent leaking magic so Rain can't guess it by smell. Without giving himself a hard time, he opened the cloth and was touched by what was inside. "I made it. Taste it... I will make it for you every day if you like it."

Phayu's invisible tail was wagging energetically. His eyes were glimmering with anticipation of Rain's reaction. Today, he woke so early just to make rain breakfast. He wanted to feed his hamster so much that he started to learn to cook.

"You don't have-"

"Shh! Just eat it. I'm happy to feed you, Rain."

Sighing, Rain placed the basket on the table and gestured for Phayu to come in.

"I can come in? Really???" Since the time he went in without permission, Phayu was not invited in by Rain. Today, because of the breakfast he made, he was told to come in. It was right to make breakfast after all, thought Phayu inside his lovesick brain.

"Passing wizard might think you are a thief." As he spoke, he sat on the chair and took one of the sandwiches. It was filled with lettuce, tomatoes, and a strip of ham. Not too heavy and not too greasy.

"There's milk too," he took out the warm bottle of milk and open the cap for Rain, "it's fresh but I heated it so it can warm your stomach." He took out more food like corn porridge and sliced banana.

He was happily watching his hamster eat with bulging cheeks. He wanted to pinch those cheeks so much. "Have you decided which one you will enroll in?"

"En. Aside from Innate magic, I will take defense magic," he drinks the milk from the cup that Phayu had to pour and ask back, "You?"

"I will take the same as you," he showed Rain his enrollment form and added, "See? It's not because I'm following you, okay? I've decided already."

"Ah! We've been classmates since we were little. Tsk. Guess I'm stuck with you again," the last bite of the sandwich was swallowed and Phayu pushed the newly open porridge to Rain which Rain took like it was natural for them to do so.

"No. I'll be sticking with you my whole life. Don't you dare change your choices."

"Yeah. Yeah, whatever. I'll be emerging on the top anyway." The competition was their bone and marrow. Rain was glad that even if Phayu openly pursue him, the guy did not concede to him when it comes to competition.

Phayu was giving him a fair game and he appreciate it so much in his heart.

"Does it taste good?" Phayu took Rain's hand holding the spoon and move it to his mouth to taste, "En. I think it tastes good." The spoon was already used by Rain. It has been in and out of his mouth and seeing Phayu's act made him blush uncontrollably.

"You... you don't do that a-again... I use the spoon already." (//ω//)

Rain was blushing and Phayu was savoring it all. All of Rain's reaction... he saw it all. How it changes from day one up to now. He was confident that Rain was starting to like him. He was confident but he still wants to do better.

When the time comes that Rain will accept him... he will be the happiest. His heart was pounding really hard. "I only do it with you," Phayu peeled the sliced banana and hold it in front of Rain, "Here, this one is sweet."

Rain looked at him but did not move. "Eat it, there's no poison." He was amused at how much Rain was vigilant at times. He can only push for one step forward and withdraw three steps backward so his hamster will not hide in the hole!

Observing for another minute, Rain finally lower his head and bite the banana but it gave Phayu another goal to keep for the future. "Sweet, right?" After asking, he ate the remaining slice in his hand. "Right, sweet." and answered his own question.

"You!"

Phayu only replied with a hearty laugh.

"Rain."

His face turned serious but exuding full of love and admiration. Rain was looking at him and can't seem to turn his head away like a magnet pulling him to look at the guy in front of him.

He must admit, Phayu was truly handsome. No, handsome can't even describe him. If he became Phayu's lover then he can only imagine how many ladies will cry with broken hearts.

"I like you," Phayu said making Rain caught off guard. Another round of redness appeared on Rain's face. He did not think that Phayu will say it this early in the morning. He did not know that this guy can be blunt and express his feelings freely.

"O-oh. Okay. I... I know." He buried his face in the porridge and quickly scoop it to eat! Quickly and quickly until he was choked, cough! cough!

Phayu stood up and rub his back and pour him milk to drink. "Are you okay? Eat slowly."

"It's your fault!" Rain said aggrievedly. His eyes were watery as he cough some more, "You attack me with words like that, it's unfair!"

Ah. My hamster is truly cute. Making sure that Rain was okay, Phayu stood in front of him and took his face to lift towards him. He rub those soft cheeks and stared at him for a while, eyes full of care and sincerity.

Those watery eyes seem more aggrieved than seconds ago, "I was wrong," he whispered and kiss the corner of Rain's left eye. "I was wrong, Rain." He kissed his right eye. "I'm sorry." He kissed his nose.

"I like you and I have to say it to you," their foreheads were sticking together, "I like you and I can't help but express it." He slowly lessen the distance between them and before it reach their lips, Rain spoke, "Don't kiss me."

"En. I will not kiss you."

Phayu closed the distance and their lips met. it was just two lips meeting each other and the surging emotion inside them made the world silent and still.

When he parted, he saw big tears falling from Rain's eyes, "Liar," said Rain in a small voice. His face was so red and his tears kept pouring. Phayu's heart melted and pained. He had been impulsive again and hurt his hamster.

"That's my first kiss..." Rain added while looking down on the black tiled floor.

"I-"

"Return it." He said.

"Wha-"

"Return my first kiss." He clarified. The back of his palm wipes his tears. The tear-stained cheeks were painful to see but Phayu was amused by how innocently Rain thought.

"It can't-"

"Return it!" He looked at Phayu but... in those eyes, there was no anger but eyes that says 'You bullied me'. He does not want to bully his hamster.

"En. I will return it."

Phayu leaned closer again but instead of just meeting the two lips together, Phayu pinched Rain's chin a little making Rain open his mouth. The sudden entrance of the tongue made Rain stiffen for a second before he let Phayu return his first kiss to him.

***

Rain: It's only natural to return what was stolen! (/ε\*)