Scared Magic

It was a pity that Rain figure out his feelings before he could say them. It was a pity that before he could defend his feelings the other party was already avoiding him.

It was a pity... that he can't teach his heart to unlove Rain.

"Ah... don't bother. You avoiding me... it was already enough to know that you are not comfortable with it," he said before Rain could answer his question. He was sincerely embarrassed right now and felt like a fool for worrying so much.

But it was still good news that Rain was okay. At least his little hamster was not punished by his father.

"I- I better leave," he flashed a forced smile but it only made his face pitiful. It was not at all a good-looking face. He waved his hand again and the stick floated above knee level for him to sit down and fly.

Looking at Phayu's unstable emotions, Rain felt so much guilt in his heart. He took big steps towards Phayu closing their distance and grab the stick while his eyes were fixed on the broken wizard, "let me speak," he said.

That word was another cold water splashed on him, "you have a lot of chances to speak but you... avoided me," his eyes wanted to look away but he seems to be caught in a magnet and can only look at Rain.

Sourness crawled up to him and his eyes which were void of mist now started to get watery.

"I'm sorry," Rain said in a whisper. "It was stupid of me to avoid you but I don't know what to do either," their eyes were locked and neither of them look away. It was the best way to express his sincerity so Rain continued on his words, "I noticed your actions, I pieced your words together and came up to a realization that that guy was me."

"I might be bold to assume but... ah... anyway, I got scared and..." his voice became lower and lower with his other hand still grabbing on Phayu's stick and the other fidgeting on the hem of his shirt.

"... I like girls and... uhm... we became close and... uh... I can't reciprocate your love so I thought it would be best to avoid you than to give you hope... but I guess it was a bad idea," his face was covered in red and his heart throb faster than it ever did.

Phayu did not answer him but did not show any sign of leaving either, he was listening intently to the stuttering and nervous Rain. "... I'm sorry. If you want to bully me again then I will allow you... just... I'm sorry for avoiding you."

Phayu's mind was exploding... even in this situation, he find Rain cute and adorable. His little hamster was apologizing to him, "I thought your father punished you. I was worried."

"... I said I'm sorry," Rain answered.

"I flew here as soon as I woke up. I didn't have a wink of sleep last night because I was worried," Phayu continued. If only Rain knew how sincerely worried he was for him.

"... I'm... I'm sorry, really."

"When I arrived you were laughing with our classmates as if you already forget about me while I spent the entire week thinking of you... of course, it was not your fault that I kept worrying and thinking of you," he felt bad for saying this but he got bad blood and was never a full pledge good person.

"Urgh! I said I'm sorry!"

"Now you want me to bully you so you can hate me?" Phayu's hand on the stick got tighter and his pain from before was changed to amusement... he was amazed at how fast Rain could change his mood and emotion. Rain was truly amazing for affecting him so much.

"...No."

"Then can I bully you now?"

Rain widened his eyes but after a second he nodded his head slowly, "if... that would appease you... okay."