32

8:38 AM – Jung Enterprise Building, Busan, South Korea

"Alright, so we're down to three venues: The Peach Lakeside Mansion; Rosemary Cottage; and what's the last one?"

"Moonville Sanctuary."

"Thanks, Sungchan."

Jaehyun had a busy week. He spent half of his time working on the NEO project and the other half in planning Bora's 25th birthday. He may be a bit too excited with this but he wanted it to be grand. He's never planned a girlfriend's birthday party before and with Bora, we wanted to do it right.

So, he gathered everyone who may be vital into planning Bora's best birthday ever. It's gonna be so amazing it'll take her to the moon. (Ha.)

Of course, it wouldn't be possible if her best friend, Jeongyeon, wasn't here. Her assistant, Mina. Sungchan was here to be Jaehyun's secretary, and he brought in Dr. Kang because, well, she's gonna be the representative for the Moons since none of them bothered replying to his email. It's like her brothers don't care about her at all!

"Don't you wanna hold it in Moon Manor?" Dr. Kang suggested, still wondering what in the hell is she doing in the Jung Enterprise boardroom. Jaehyun called her in disguise of an apparatus malfunction but turns out, it was the truth the malfunctioned with him.

"Uh, where her trauma started? No!" Jaehyun shot the idea down. "Listen, noona. This party needs to be perfect, okay? Bora expects it to be, and I want it to be as well."

"I'm sure it will, Jaehyun-ah." Iseul eyed the PowerPoint presentation flashed behind Jaehyun. Oddly enough it listed all of Bora's food allergies—thank you Mina and Jeongyeon—, and are those aphrodisiacs?

"Oh god, Bora is gonna love this menu I've prepared for her! And don't bother with the cake, I know the best baker in the country. I'll have them prepare Bora's cake. And ooh! I'd have them put edible glitter." Jeongyeon clapped her hands excitedly.

Iseul looked at her in concern. As a doctor, she isn't sure if edible glitter is healthy. But anyways, "Jaehyun, I'm very busy at the hospital. Can I go?" she requested.

"Wait! But I need access with Bora's cute baby pictures," Jaehyun whined.

"I'm not sure why I'm the person you're asking for that," Iseul returned. "In case you forgot, your girlfriend isn't my biggest fan."

"Bora doesn't have baby pictures," Jeongyeon revealed.

"What?"

Jeongyeon sent a judging glare over to Jaehyun. "She was left at Moon Manor when she was already 8. At most you'll see her grade school pictures. But I doubt she'd want to remember that time," she told him.

"How come?" Sungchan asked, curious as well.

"I mean, she was just abandoned by her mom." Jeongyeon pointed out the obvious. "How can you not know this Jaehyun? Did she not tell you?"

Jaehyun was speechless and was unsure what to say. He figured he shouldn't be discussing his girlfriend's past trauma to strangers. "Um, meeting adjourned for now. I'll email you guys later." On that note, he ended the meeting, bidding everyone goodbye.

Save for Jeongyeon, of course. She stayed to discuss private matters with Jaehyun.

"So Moonville Sanctuary is out," Jaehyun decided. "We can't have the party there, it's like a history of Moons held at that venue."

"Uh, Peach Lakeside is a good option," Jeongyeon suggested.

"Yeah but Rosemary Cottage—"

"Is booked. The agent just texted. Peach Lakeside is all we got."