28

7:18 pm – Meeting Room B, Moon Corp., Busan

For once, the meeting room's atmosphere was calm and collected. As usual, Taeil lead the discussion regarding the newest smart building of Kang Medical Center. Thankfully, everything was in order, and they're right on schedule with the construction of the hospital. Everyone was able to deliver and report their own part of the project successfully, and everything went smoothly.

As much as their professional life is in order, it can't say the same as their personal ones. As soon as Taeil dismissed them for the day, everyone went on their own business.

Bora, surprisingly, was the first one to leave the meeting room, rushing towards the elevator in hopes neither of her two pursuers approached her. Nevertheless, she failed in her attempt.

"Hey, Bora!" Minhyung's voice can be heard through the hallway as he chased after her. "Bora, wait."

Tension rose in her shoulders as Bora hesitantly tried to meet her ex's gaze. Just like she imagined, they were expectant and full of hope. Hoping that they'd rekindle their past relationship.

"What is it, Minhyung? It's been a long day," she sounded tired. She was, both mentally and emotionally.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to grab some dinner with me," Mark invited. "We could go to that favorite place of yours?"

It almost guilted her to say it but, "Uh, I'm gonna have to pass Minhyung, I'm just—I'm tired," she said meekly. It was half true and half false. She had a dinner date with Jaehyun but she also didn't have any energy for her pursuers.

"Oh." Mark's shoulders dropped in disappointment. He was quick to recover and covered it up with an understanding smile. "That's okay. Maybe another night?"

"Sure."

The elevator dinged and the two got inside. Alone. Great, just what Bora wanted.

Just as the doors were closing, someone slipped in between them and got in the lift the last minute. Much to Bora's luck, it was none other than Mr. Jung Jaehyun himself.

The latter fixed his coat and winked over at Bora with a smirk. "Close call, amirite?" he was such a dork, Bora couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"If I knew you were coming, I would've closed the door," she teased.

"Aw baby, don't shut me out." Jaehyun flirted, taking a step closer to her.

Bora chuckled, leaning into him, but caught Mark's stare from behind Jaehyun. On instinct, she controlled herself and placed a hand on Jaehyun's chest to maintain a safe distance. She cleared her throat.

Thinking she was embarrassed like the other instances, Jaehyun brushed off the behavior. "I'm so hungry, I could eat a whole horse," he whined. "Should we skip appetizers and just go straight for the meat? Man, I hope they give me a big chunk."

Mark's ear twitched as he eyed the two closely. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, but he was stuck in the elevator with the two's flirting. If he has to withstand it, he might as well listen to their conversation.

"Eating meat at night? Seriously?" Bora cocked an eyebrow, shaking her head. "You and your eating habits."

"Hey! It isn't nice to comment on someone's eating habits. Besides, after all the disgusting protein shakes I had, I think I deserve this!" Jaehyun defended himself.

"You know, no one forced you to drink those protein shakes. I can't believe you let Yuta talk you into buying it with him." If you ask Bora, Jaehyun didn't need protein shakes. He was already ripped as he is.