30

1:25 pm – Kang Rehabilitation Center, Busan, South Korea

Johnny felt like he was about to throw up. No, seriously, he was this close to asking Yuta to bring him a bag. The lobby of the rehabilitation center looked so nice, with its chic interiors, and luxurious furniture that he'd feel bad if he puked all over.

When the nurse called him to see his father, his feet glued to the ground. He really didn't want to see him, but he has to. At least for the last time. If he can't do this, then he can't close that chapter in his life.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Yuta's voice broke his internal spiral.

Johnny turned to him and shook his head. "I'll be fine," his voice sounded foreign to his own ears. "Just wait for me here, okay?"

"Okay."

He was glad Yuta didn't push it.

So, following the nurse, his footsteps felt heavy against the marble tiles. She led him through a hallway, and then to a corner, entering the 4th room to the left.

Johnny hesitated stepping in. He can already see his dad's figure, back turned against him. He swallowed the lump in his throat. He doesn't know if he can do this.

"Mr. Suh? Your son's here to see you." If had not for the nurse, Johnny wouldn't have snapped out of it and entered.

Suh Youngsun sees his son for the first time in years. It was painful for both of them. Last time they saw each other was during his wife's funeral. Johnny didn't even want to look at him.

"Youngho," Youngsun spoke softly; eyes filled with emotion, mostly shock and hurt. "You're here."

"I didn't want to be." Johnny's voice came out strained. Bitter. "I just didn't want Taeil or Iseul to deal with you."

"Oh." Youngsun had a flash of guilt in his expression.

The nurse excused herself so the father and son could talk.

"So, uh, how's Iseul?"

"I didn't come here to catch up." Johnny shut down any signs of reconciliation from him. He didn't want to. He's cut him off his life. "I'm just here to handle your accommodations, and where you'll stay after. If you need money, fine. I'll send you some—"

"I don't want money, Young—"

"Just stay the hell out of my life from now on." Johnny intoned harshly, not giving his dad a chance to finish.

Youngsun kept his mouth shut, jaw clenching as he stared down at his feet in shame. When he heard those words from his son, he can't help but protest.

"Son—" Youngsun tried again. "Look, I'm sorry, Youngho. I know I've done fucked up things in the past but I—I want to make up for it."

"I don't want you to," Johnny interrupted him again. "I don't think I can ever forgive you for what you've done to our family."

"Youngho—"

"I have a new family now. People who've helped me stand back on my feet again, and I'm not gonna fuck it up just because I can't face you, or what had happened, and my past. I—" Johnny sucked in a deep breath. "I'm doing this so I can move on from the family I had, and didn't deserve.

"I'm happy with my current family, and I'm also looking forward with my future one with Iseul so—"

"This is the last time you'll ever see me, Dad." Johnny finished up; cheek wet from the tears that escaped his eyes. "Goodbye."

"Okay. I understand." Youngsun was crying as well, but he accepted what he had done. "Goodbye, Youngho."

With that, Youngho walked out of the room, and went back to Yuta, who thankfully made no comment about his swelling eyes and snot running down his cupid's bow. Only offered a cigarette which he gratefully accepted.