10

Bora and Jaehyun greeted more of their guests at the party, including Seoul's Park Industries heiress, Park Chaeyoung. She arrived alongside Sungchan, who escorted her for tonight. They all gathered near the champagne bar to have an 'adult' conversation, as Bora insisted. Jaehyun didn't know why she even bothered to greet his ex.

"Bora-noona, this is Park Chaeyoung." Sungchan took the formalities to introduce the two ladies to each other. She gestured from one woman to another. "Chaeyoun-noona-"

"Kwon Bora. I've heard of you." Chaeyoung cut him off, eyeing Bora up and down. She smiled sweetly at her. "Other than Jaehyun's new puppet, I heard you're also your father's errand girl in Moon Corp."

"Chaeyoung." Jaehyun spoke in a warning tone but Bora held him back.

Bora narrowed her eyes but maintained a friendly smile towards her. "You mispronounced 'business partner.' And no, I quit Moon Corp. and am starting my own business. Which is what the party is for, in case you didn't notice." she managed to explain calmly.

"Ah, yes. The party." Chaeyoung did a quick sweep of Moon Manor, staring at it admiringly. She turned back to Bora; her smile almost mockingly. "The company Jaehyun is funding and the party you're hosting at Moon Manor."

"Don't kid yourself. This is barely quitting the family business."

Bora scoffed in disbelief as Chaeyoung excused herself, and dragged Sungchan along with her. The kid flashed Bora an apologetic smile before disappearing into the crowd.

"Don't listen to her, alright? She does that to people to undermine them." Jaehyun said once they were left alone.

"Please. You know how many people said something like that to my face while I'm still under the company?" Bora would need her toes to count how many times business both men and women tried to undermine her contribution to the success of Moon Corp. She never let them affect her. They were all dead weight to the company anyway, why would she value their opinion? "Park Chaeyoung isn't anyone special. She's just another infestation that would go away once this party is over."

"You know how to stand your ground." Jaehyun said in awe after hearing what she went through under Moon Corp. "You sure you're alright?"

"Jaehyun, I wouldn't survive this house and this industry if I didn't have thick skin. I'm fine." Bora insisted. She looped her arms with Jaehyun. "Now let's get some fresh air. I'm starting to feel suffocated."

"Yes, ma'am." Jaehyun led her to the lanai outside.

They found a spot on one of the outdoor chairs, taking in the sight of the Moon Manor's back door. There was a big round pool, and right behind it is the forest of the estate. Staring at it made Bora feel at ease. She didn't realize it until she rested her body, but she felt exhausted from all the business talk from tonight.

"Being a Moon is exhausting." Bora exhaled, staring up at the sky. "Maybe being Ms. Kwon was the right decision after all."

"I've been meaning to ask, is Kwon your mom's name?" Jaehyun brought up, giving her a curious glance.

"It was." Bora answered solemnly. There was a sudden change of tone upon mentioning her mother. "It's the only thing I got from her." That left a heavy feeling to her chest. She had to take a deep breath.

"She would've been proud of you."

Bora wished she could believe that. But she'll never know for sure what he mother will think of her. She could only hope for the best, at least. "Whatever. I don't even know her myself. I can't really tell." she brushed off, crossing her arms to hug herself.