9

4:23 pm - Moon Equestrian Property, Busan, South Korea

Johnny caught Taeil teaching Kun how to ride a horse as he arrived at one of their property's rings, where he and his cousins usually race with their respective pets. The image of his cousin spending time with his lover was so domestic and sweet that it made him want to root for them despite knowing so little about Kun.

He can hear their laughter as Kun finally gave up and hopped off the horse, with Taeil attempting to catch him. In the end, Kun fell on top of him, and now they're on the grass, laughing like idiots.

"Hyung!" Johnny decided it's time to interrupt their lovey-dovey moment and approached them. He held out a hand to Kun, so he could stop crushing Taeil underneath them. He easily hauled up the two to their feet, given their size difference. "Looks like you guys are having fun."

"Yeah." Taeil chuckled, mirroring a smile with Kun. "Thought I'd teach him a few riding tricks." Kun giggled at his joke while Johnny felt himself vomit. But he didn't.

"Okay, TMI. Did not need to know that." Johnny felt like this is karma for causing Taeil trauma with how many times he caught him and Iseul. Beside Yuta, Taeil's one of the people that almost bleached his eyes because of the two of them.

Taeil rolled his eyes at him. "So? Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at Moon Corp?" he questioned. He heard about Bora quitting the company - which impressed a lot by the way - so he wondered who's keeping the business running.

"I wanted to get some fresh air. Plus, Uncle's working in his study," he reported, with a shake of head. "I see where Bora got her workaholicness."

"What about you, though? Heard you gotta fight with uncle at breakfast. You're not really coming back to work for Moon Corp?" Johnny elucidated.

Taeil shot him an exhausted look. "I only came back to make sure dad's okay. But hearing that he's back to work..." he trailed off. He hesitantly continued, "I'm only staying until Bora's party."

"Oh." Johnny's shoulders sagged in disappointment. He quickly shook it off and offered a kind smile. "Well, as long as you're happy, hyung."

"Thank you, Johnny." Taeil returned the smile.

The three of them started walking back to the cottage to get changed. Taeil handed the horse over to an employee so they could feed and put back the animal in its stable.

Taeil then brought up Iseul, recalling the unfinished conversation they had back at the hospital. "So, what do you two plan on doing?" he questioned.

"About what?" Johnny played dumb. Like Iseul, he also evaded the topic of the w word.

Taeil was so done with him. "About the wedding, idiot! Don't tell me you're just gonna let Iseul's mom wed them." he stated the obvious. "You know how much of a control freak she is."

"Iseul said she's doing something about it," Johnny recalled, biting his lip in worry. "I just don't know what."

"You didn't ask her?"

"She asked me to trust her."

"Yeah, that's cool and all but asking for answers doesn't mean that you don't." Taeil pointed out. He gave Johnny a hard stare. "You two need to communicate. It shouldn't always be empty promises from both parties."

Those words made Kun stare at Taeil. As if sensing his gaze, the latter returned it. Empty promises. That's the main reason why they always fought before. Back then, Taeil always chose his family before his happiness. But now, he chose for himself, and with that, he chose to be with Kun.