5

Saturday, 7:12 pm - Moon Manor

"Ugh." Bora was on her 2nd glass of champagne when the party was in full swing. The rest of the Kangs have yet to arrive but Kang Iseul is definitely enjoying this party with her cousin. Well, at least someone's having fun. Certainly not her. She's secluded herself at a table at the corner of the main hall

"You might wanna slow down on that." Jaehyun siddled by her side; helping himself to some wine. As if it hasn't led him to a few drunken mistakes. Twice.

"Leave me alone. I'm trying to get by this gala for my brother." Bora groaned out, taking another sip. It's true. This annual foundation is the one thing Taeil was always proud of. With his absence, Johnny and her had to step in to be proud for him in this place.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll appreciate all the alcohol you drank for him," Jaehyun teased, earning a glare from her. He stifled a laugh, downing his wine in one go. "You know, it wouldn't hurt to leave a note."

Bora rolled her eyes, sending him a look of disbelief. "And say what? Good sex, TTYL?" she humored him.

"A five star-rating would be nice." Jaehyun pouted, knowing Bora would just be annoyed by his childishness. And there it is; her infamous Moon glare.

"Five star? Don't flatter yourself." Bora mocked judgingly. "You're 3.5 at best."

"I like a challenge. You know I'm very competitive. I'll show you." he suggested but Bora raised up her palms to halt their bickering.

"Can we just - Take a break from this? You know this is gonna be the last time, right?"

"You also said that last time and look what happened." Jaehyun helpfully reminded her, pulling his lips to the side. "Look, I don't dig this hot n' cold thing so let's just go straight to the point."

"And what is that?" Bora crossed her arms, intrigued about what he's going to say. She's pleased to know Jaehyun isn't just a pretty face.

"You're hot and I'm hot." Not what Bora expected from him as a start but then again; Jaehyun was kind of an odd ball. She nodded in agreement, though. "We're both frustrated workaholics who has no time for our personal lives."

Again, true. Now that Bora's COO she barely had time for her own hobbies. It would take months for her to catch a movie at an actual theater. She's so outdated on latest film releases. She doesn't trust Netflix to include her favorite films in their site either.

"We can use each other as human forms of stress release. You know, like just another hobby we can both... do."

That urged out a wheeze from Bora which made Jaehyun a bit proud of himself. He made her laugh!

"So here's my proposal."

Bora found that extremely attractive. Who knew presenting why they should have sex like a business proposal was this sexy.

"Business partners in bed. No strings attached. Purely business. And when I say business: literal business and fucking, you know?"

Bora scoffed out a laugh at his straightforwardness. "No strings attached? So I'm not gonna hear you vent out about when your Mom made you give up raising a puppy because of her allergies?" she cocked an eyebrow.

"It was actually a kitten but yeah, pretty much." Jaehyun confirms. He held out his hand to her. "So? Deal?"

Bora eyed his hand before meeting his gaze firmly. "I'll think about it." she smiled evilly before walking past him to get another glass of champagne.

Meanwhile, Iseul has found herself back in Johnny's room. The two have been inseparable since the gala started; ignoring the curious glances from everyone in the room. Iseul has mastered the art of avoiding her mother and Taeyong's glare... She couldn't care less.