18

1:53 AM – Kang Medical Center, Busan, South Korea

Bora woke up with her head pounding. As she fluttered her eyes open, she was met with the familiar hospital ceiling. There was a dextrose attached to her arm, with the bag halfway empty. Despite her blurry vision, she attempted to scan her surroundings.

She was inside one of the VIP hospital rooms, at the Moon Wing, of course. There were two figures on the couch, one slouched on the other. She figured it was her brothers but who –

"Dad?" she croaked out, her voice dry and hoarse. There a man standing by her bed, who moved when they realized Bora was conscious.

"Hey, Bora." Bora recognized the voice but it wasn't her dad nor was it any of her brothers or cousin. "You should rest."

"No, I—" Bora insisted sitting up but the man held her shoulders, pinning her down. His palms were warm and familiar. As if she was used to his touch. "Who are you?" She narrowed her eyes at the figure, trying to make out his face.

"Rest." The person said instead.

And Bora lulled back to a dreamless sleep.

The next time she awoke, there were voices arguing in her room. She wasn't surprised when she found her brothers and father going at it.

"I just don't understand why you agreed to this. You've put your sister and Jung Jaehyun's life in danger! Do you know how much of a big deal this is?!" Moon Hajoon shouted.

"Can you tone it down, Dad? You're gonna wake her up!" Yuta placated him. "And they're both fine! Iseul said the surgery was successful and Jaehyun's at the other room recovering!"

"You don't get what you started. Jung Seo-jun is on his way here to see his son – his heir. And he's gonna want answers. What are you gonna tell him then?"

"Oh, I don't know? That Lee Taeyong's a fucking psychopath and stabbed his son?"

"You have no evidence of that! And you're declaring war with the Lees!"

"We do so! We can fucking prove it that. And Minhyung said it himself, he's not gonna let his father do that—"

"Guys." Taeil was the one who stopped the argument when he noticed his sister staring at them blanly. "Bora." He immediately went to her side, holding her hand. "Hey, you okay?"

"How's Jaehyun?" Was the first thing Bora asked. The guilty formed a lump in her throat that was hard to swallow. "Is he okay? Can I see him?"

"He's okay." Taeil was quick to reassure, rubbing her hand with his thumb. "Iseul managed to stitch up the wound in time. He's recovering. You can see him soon."

Bora's lower lip wobbled as she let out a sob. She felt so exhausted. "This is all my fault," she blamed herself. "Jaehyun's hurt and now... Moon Corp's deal with Jung Enterprise..."

"Hey, that's not your fault, Bora. None of this is. It's Lee Taeyong's fault, okay? And the deal... well we wouldn't even have it if it wasn't for you in the first place." Taeil tried to calm her down, his other hand wiping the tears away from her face. "What's important is he's recovering, and we'll make sure he gets the justice he deserves, okay?"

"Bora." Yuta spoke from the other side of the bed. Bora didn't even realize he moved closer. "He's going to be okay."

Bora could only nod at her brother's words, leaning closer as Taeil pulled her into a hug. Hajoon only watched the exchange from afar, not bothering to approach his daughter.

When Bora met his cold gaze, he let out a disappointed sigh. "I hope you realize there are consequences to your actions," he said.

"Jesus, Dad. She's in a hospital bed!" Yuta berated but Hajoon only walked out of the suite.