Defective? (20)

(Dib's POV)

Dipper and I finally found the unicorns but it turns out that it wasn't going to be easy to get the hair. Turns out that unicorns are selfish greedy jerks. So I basically played audio of GIR throwing a tantrum on full blast until they let us take their hair. "OK OK OK YOU CAN HAVE THE HAIR!!!" The unicorn screams over the audio. I stop it. "Thank you, oh but be glad that we left GIR behind when we came." I told the unicorns before we left. After putting the hair safely in the backpack Dipper finally spoke up "Ok remind me to never make GIR get upset like that." He says, I smirk knowing what he meant.  "Yeah I honestly don't know how Zim puts up with him all the time." I say as we walked back towards the Shack.

Once we arrived I noticed Zim wasn't anywhere to be seen.  "Where's Zim?" I ask as I look to Mabel who sighed and lead me upstairs to the attic. She cracks open the door to show Zim sleeping in her bed hugging GIR. His face covered in burns?! I rushed over to him ignoring Mabel. "Zim!?" I shout.  He jolts awake anlooks at me his pink eyes wide. "Zim what happened to your face?" I asked him. Zim just suddenly did something I didn't expect...

...he hugged me and started crying into my sweater. I felt my face warm up as he gripped onto my sweater. I held the alien in my arms due to me being taller now. "Mabel what happened while I was gone?" I ask her confused. She then explained everything that happened. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, apparently Zim was a defective Irken ,and Zib explained that defectives are useless to the Irken Empire. After the whole explanation I looked down at the Irken who was still clinging onto my sweater, who was now asleep. "When he wakes up I'll tell him he won't have to worry about anything anymore, and that he has a place here on earth." I say smiling as I watch the Irken sleep in my arms.