SEVENTY SIX

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇 | 𝙶𝚁𝙰𝙳𝚄𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Graduation day, the day Kate has be waiting for to come since she started freshman year, now it was here and for some reason she wasn't expecting it to come so fast.

"Got burgers and shakes." Kate announced walking into the cemetery with Elena trailing behind her holding the milkshakes they had gotten for Alaric and Jeremy.

"Finally." Jeremy grins taking two bags from the girls arms passing the other to Alaric who sat by him, Kate moved down across from the them, grinning at the two men taking a huge bite from the burgers with a low hum.

"No grease on the other side, huh?" Elena says smiling at them both, chewing on a fry, Kate chuckles as they both shake their heads. "You have no idea how much I miss this.." Alaric says reaching back for a bottle of bourbon. "... and this."

Elena reached over taking the bottle from him, not without Alaric protesting. "She just got her humanity back, let her live a little." Jeremy says wanting a taste, "hey, you wish." Kate points a finger.

"I'm dead." Jeremy defends jokingly. "What are they gonna do, throw me in juvie?"

"Well, then at least you'd have a place to live." Alaric says, Kate snorted at his words, Elena jaw dropped nudging her sister. "You both suck." Kate smiles as Elena continues throwing fries towards them.

"Hey! There's it is, that's smile."

Kate sighs softly glancing over at her twin, she was in fact smiling, they both were. "I wasn't sure we were gonna see that again," Alaric mentions.

"I did some pretty terrible things." Elena says through tearful eyes, she glanced to her sister taking her hand, Elena would never forgive herself for hurting the only person she had when Jeremy died.

Kate shakes her head squeezing her hand, "don't, not here, not now."

"Hey, no. No tears." Jeremy said pointing at them, Kate exhaled sharply blowing upwards to stop the tears from spilling. "If Caroline was right, we only have until tonight. We need a no crying rule."

"But the cryings good." Elena dismayed, keeping a smile on her face. "It means that I'm finally feeling something and right now. I—" Kate reached forward taking Alaric's hand as Elena took Jeremy' "...I feel happy."

Kate smiled feeling her phone ringing inside her jacket, "it's the grill, must be Matt." Kate tells them before she answered the phone and walks away. "Hey, you disappeared this morning, what happened?"