THIRTY SIX

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇 | 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙷𝙳𝙰𝚈

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Kate laid awake on her bed staring out the window, she didn't want to get up knowing that Stefan was stuck with Klaus doing gods knows what, she glanced over at clock, until she eventually had to
get up.

She tossed away the blanket from her body, tugging down her tank-top before forcing the curtains open, Kate rubbed her face entering the bathroom, quickly doing her business and getting dressed for the day.

She entered the kitchen seeing Alaric and Elena, they have been keeping tracks on Stefan and Klaus since Stefan gave over his life to in order to save Damon. "Was that, uh, Stefan news?" Alaric asked Elena.

Alaric has been staying with them since the beginning of summer, they didn't complain about it, they actually liked having him there, Kate opened the cabinet taking out a mug.

"Could be more Klaus victims." Elena said glancing at her twin, she didn't know about the kiss Kate and Stefan shared. Kate didn't want to tell her, because it might ruin things between them. "You're certain Stefan's still with him." Kate asked her, pouring himself coffee.

"Easy to be certain when the alternative is that he's dead." Elena mentions, Kate eyes her sister whilst drinking her coffee.

"Are you sure you're still ok on the couch?" Kate stepped around the counter over, Alaric refused to sleep in his ex-girlfriend's bedroom.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good."

"Because you spent half the summer on it." Elena tells him. "If you need your own bedroom..." she gestured to the empty room upstairs.

"And sleep in your dead parents room, or my dead girlfriend's room...." Alaric trailed off, feeling weird about it.

"Right." Elena pass him a mug of coffee, Kate placed her empty mug into the sink, seeing the time she head to got meet Caroline at the Salvatore house where the blonde was going to plan their party.

"Hey, Kate, Elena..." Alaric called out, making the twos girls turn over to him. "Happy birthday."

Kate smiled at him. "Thanks." The twins spoke, before leaving the house.

☽☀︎︎☾

Entered the Salvatore house, hearing nothing but complete silence, Kate dropped her bag onto the couch turning to face her sister. "When's Caroline coming again?" Kate asked her twin.