NINE

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 | 𝙷𝙸𝚂𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚈 𝚁𝙴𝙿𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Kate was early to history class, she was anxious about the new teacher that was going to be replacing Tanner since he had died. "Good morning, everyone." The new teacher entered the class room, right behind bonnie who ran to her seat.

Kate watched the girl who had a glum look on her face mouthing "Are you okay?" Bonnie didn't say anything but shrugged.

"Alaric Saltzman." The teacher introduced himself with his name written on the chalk board. "It's a mouthful, I know doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas, I however was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to my very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough."

"You'll probably want to pronounce it Ala-Ric but is A-Lar-Ic, okay? So you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher."

After class Bonnie, Elena and Kate were outside for lunch when their witch friend was telling them about the dream she had of her ancestor Emily. "Then I ended up at the remains of old Fell's church before I woke up back in the woods."

"And you always see you ancestor Emily?" Elena asked weirded out, bonnie nodded with a frown on her face. "Do you believe in ghosts?" Bonnie asked them.

"Two weeks ago I think I'll say no but now-" Kate couldn't finish her sentence when Bonnie cut her off. "I think I'm being haunted."

Bonnie looked scared, frightened even. "I don't get it, why Emily?" Elena asked toying with the string on her backpack.

"Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the civil war days and that this medallion was hers, a witch's talisman." Bonnie explained to them tapping the necklace sitting in her chest.

"And it all started and you got the necklace?"

Bonnie nods. "I think she's using it to communicate with me, and I can't call my grams because she's gonna tell me to embrace it. I don't wanna embrace it, i want it to stop."

"Well, you can always toss it." Kate tells her shrugging, "it's will probably stop."

☽☀︎︎☾

"He's bad news, Elena. He really scared me." Bonnie had just told them about her run in with Damon and how he wanted the neckless also saying that he knew about Emily.

"You need to stay as far away from Damon as possible." Kate says from the back seat. "I'm trying, he just keeps showing up." Bonnie utter gripping the wheel.