Chapter 11 (Edited)

Chapter 11

My eyes fluttered open when I felt a hand brush over my face, I looked and the hand, then at the person it belonged to. Blake. I panicked and screamed and tried to pull myself away from him, this time I actually took notice to the edge of the bed and stood up and away from it.

“Keira, dear. I didn’t mean to bite you, I-I hadn’t been around a human for a long while, and I mean a long while, and because of that, I found it hard to keep myself away. I had been drinking blood from bags for a very long time and when I first saw you, I found it hard to stop myself. So I had some blood from a bag. The first time didn’t end very well, as I ended up drinking from you. Yesterday, when I drank from you, it was too early and I should have lasted for a couple more days before I needed blood. What I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry.” He ended.

“I-I forgive y-you” his eyes brightened up.

“Really?”

“No”

“What?”

“I'm kidding!” I said, trying to lighten the mood.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes.”

“Ok thank you.”

“I'm dizzy.”

“You still haven’t regained much of your blood. You should have been asleep for about 3 days really.”

“Oh, ok.”

“Rest now, I’ll wake you up later for food.”

“Ok” I said as I climbed back onto the bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out of it.

“Keira, honey, wake up” I felt a gentle shake on my shoulder; I opened my eyes to see Blake standing over me, tears threatening to spill. I remembered what happened last time and panicked.

“Get away from me! Now! Get away!” I screamed

He sighed, “I'm sorry, Keira, you will be able to come home soon. They are sorting out medication as we speak.”

“No, I don’t want to be with you, you disgust me. If you loved me, you wouldn’t have put me in this place and made them put me in this.” I tried to lift up my arms that were tied against the bed.

“No! The reason you are in here is because I love you, not because I don’t. I want you to get better, every time you wake up you scream that vampires and werewolves are coming to get you, you thrash around as if you’re trying to slip away from something.”

“I don’t.”

“Yes, you do!”

“I'm never awake though.”

“Yesterday, you were screaming that you had the blood of a werewolf and vampire in you. There is no such thing.”

“Yes there is!” I insisted.

“Doctor!” he called, “She’s doing it again!”

“Ok, we will make her sleep.” The doctor said, coming at me with a needle again.  I remembered, this is what happened last time.

“NO! STOP! PLEASE NO!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as he grabbed my arm and jabbed me with the needle, I felt drowsy, but I resisted with all of my might. Eventually I fell asleep.

“Keira! WAKE UP!” I sat up quickly which caused Blake to stumble back, “You were having a nightmare and it is also time for you to eat” I stared at Blake with all the hatred I could muster “What’s wrong?” he said calmly. I remembered this is not the Blake from my dreams. This one would never do that to me. I think.