Chapter 6 (Edited)

Chapter 6

What was his name? Liam? Leon? Lenny? Huh, I cannot remember. The mysterious man I felt a connection to at the ball, the one who shook my hand with delicacy, the one whose eyes sparkled. Who was he? Shaking my head, I brought myself back to the real world. I was in bed, on my side, Blake had his arm draped around my waist. It wasn’t something I was used to, someone caring for me, I gently pushed him away onto his side of the bed, being careful not to wake him.

Swinging my legs off of the side of the bed, I had to hold my gasp in as my feet touched the ice cold floorboards before I slowly slipped out of bed and started tip-toeing to the wardrobe to change out of my pyjamas. I froze halfway to the wardrobe when I heard a groan come from the bed, I slowly trained my head in Blake’s direction as he grabbed my pillow, hugged it to himself and drew in a deep breath, then relaxed. I bit my lip to hold in a giggle, I then quickly ran back to the bedside table to grab the camera where Blake had put it, then took a picture of him. He groaned again as it flashed, I forgot to turn the flash off! Oh no!

Blake started stretching while rolling over to face me; I took this as my chance to make my escape to the wardrobe. Once inside I shut the big white door behind me and then ran over to my pants drawer and stuffed the camera in there. I then rushed to the wardrobe door and held it trying to slow my breaths making them as quiet as possible.

“Keira” I froze as I heard Blake’s voice on the other side of the door, he started pushing the door open, and that resulted in me getting squashed behind the door trapped in between the door and some of my very nice clothing. He walked in and said “Keira?” he looked around then sniffed the air, and then smirked. “I can hear your heart racing my dear,” he teased, looking in my direction. He then walked up to me and pulled the door out of my face and I then crumpled to the floor, panting. I didn’t like small spaces, Blake hooked his arm under my legs then put his arm around me with his hand resting on my ribs, I giggled, he then picked me up and I laughed harder as his hand put more pressure on my ribs. “Oh, so your ticklish are you?” he winked at me “I’ll have to remember that.” I smiled at him and breathed a sigh of relief as he moved his hand away from my ribs and placed it on my arm. Luckily, he didn’t tickle me to death like I thought he would.

He brought me to the purple seat in the corner of the very big wardrobe and sat me down on it, he then started to caress my cheek but I slapped it away. He looked hurt, he obviously didn’t like rejection. Did he really think that I would forgive him for kidnapping me and taking me to a ball, if he did, he really was crazy. I gave him a shy smile, my heart was aching for him but my head simply said no, don’t forgive.

Something was nagging me, in the back of my head. When Blake touched me it felt right, but wrong at the same time. Something was helping me to hold back. I would be grateful for now, but my guess is that later in life. I won’t be.

I nudged Blake’s leg with my foot, “I need to get dressed, shoo!” his frown deepening, I instantly felt sad that it was because of me hold back! Hold back! Something screamed in my mind, I winced as his frown went even deeper. I forgot he could read my mind, some part of me was crying to make everything better for him, to wipe the frown off of his face.

“Ok” Blake huffed; he turned and started to walk out of the room. I grabbed his wrist and he looked down at it with an expression as if it burned him, he wrenched his arm from my grip and walked out of the wardrobe, leaving me open mouthed with a tear running down my face. His mood changed from happy to extremely upset in a matter of seconds, I can’t believe he thought that I would give in so easily. Another tear escaped my eye and I wiped it away, mentally telling myself to stop crying. Something made me feel that I should feel the pain he gave me, the rejection. But the thing is I couldn’t pinpoint what it was.